Anthony Grant's Name Mentioned as a Possibility at USF

pchil86

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2014
can they afford the buyout or would they be willing to pay the buyout?
Good question.... but do u really think grant would be interested in this job? If u go from a big name school like Alabama to usf and you're not forced out, that would give me the idea that the coach isn't up to the challenge of playing in a league like the sec.....grant does not strike me as that type of coach

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
Good question.... but do u really think grant would be interested in this job? If u go from a big name school like Alabama to usf and you're not forced out, that would give me the idea that the coach isn't up to the challenge of playing in a league like the sec.....grant does not strike me as that type of coach
It would be similar to Tubby Smith going from Kentucky to Minnesota. He knew he only had a year left, so he got out while the getting was good. I would bet that if Grant really wanted to go, Bama might be willing to waive the buyout.

pchil86

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2014
True.....but I don't see him going when he has the full support of the AD but stranger things have happened

BigA

Scout Team
Dec 21, 2013
Trussville, Al
Yes, he would be interested. USF is a good basketball job in a great basketball conference. The American Athletic Conference has Louisville, UConn, Memphis, Cinn, SMU, Temple, etc.

*Louisville leaving AAC after this season.

Last edited:

pchil86

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2014
Yes, he would be interested. USF is a good basketball job in a great basketball conference. The American Athletic Conference has Louisville, UConn, Memphis, Cinn, SMU, Temple, etc.
I see your point.....we'll see what happens....will be interesting to see if he addresses it to media

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Is CAG pursuing this job? I would assume so because his name has been mentioned as a candidate for this job ever since USF fired Heath. I don't really see him being in a position to leverage this job opening for a raise from UA but I stranger things have happened.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Originally thought this was an April Fool thing.

I'm wondering how many others thought something along the lines of . . "I won't be particularly sad if it happens. " ?

Not really wanting it to happen, but it might give AD Battle a chance to reset to square one.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.