Is it just me, or has news out of Spring Camp been Exceptionally sparse?

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
I like the quiet. It means our team and staff are working on the important things, like practicing football, working out, and studying film. Relaying useless robotic repetitive drivel to the media just for the sake of filling column space and air time is not good use of our coaches and players time. We all know basically what's going on. We don't need people like Scarbinsky or Finebaum to tell us what we already know.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Exactly..In this day & age of instant news on our computers, and we're hearing nothing, chances are, neither are the coaches in the rest of college football..And that's a good thang..Cause our rivals spends times designated to preparing for The Crimson Tide in the off-season & if they don't have a clue as to what to prepare for..That can only be good for us..I like it..Plus..The anticipation of what our offense will be like this season makes for an even more exciting game when we play our 1st game against West Virginia..Almost like as kids waiting to open up presents Christmas morning type feeling..
Personally, I'm glad I'm not hearing too much. Makes me think all is business in T town.:cool2:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Saban's ideal is a team full of leaders. Maybe the quieter it is, the closer we are to the ideal. :D Hope springs eternal in the off-season! am i right or am i right?

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Saban's ideal is a team full of leaders. Maybe the quieter it is, the closer we are to the ideal. :D Hope springs eternal in the off-season! am i right or am i right?
I'm kind of hoping this team (and hopefully the fanbase) has a 2008 type mentality. We didn't really know what to expect from that team but they played their hearts out and ended up going undefeated in the regular season. If we can match that mentality with the talent that we have assembled now we will be hard to beat.

I'll also agree with what you say about Kiffin. The year they beat Oregon with Barkley he really called a great game from what I remember. He seemed to be a step ahead of the defense. I can't say that I've felt that with Bama that often. Usually we were just imposing our will on the other team and doing what we wanted until they break. Saban has emphasized getting the ball to the playmakers you have to think he is talking about OJ and hopefully a healthy and draft year focused Amari Cooper.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
One little nugget is the CNS said Derek Henry is playing this spring like he did at the end of the season!!! That's bad news for anybody on our schedule!!!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Anyone know at what time the scrimmage is today?
Got up this morning wondering about that too.

And hopefully we get a new, fresh thread with some good info about the scrimmage. I know they only release the stats that choose to release, but info has been slow coming out so far this spring.

In particular, I'm sure all of us are interested in the qb stats. I'm sure we could have an epic thread breaking down what they mean. ;)

I'm also eager to hear about the running backs and especially DH!!!

Anticipating news on how many catches our tight ends get with CLK's guidance!!!

Would also love to hear that Tony Brown is continuing to make an impact. That would be huge if he is actually ready to play this fall!

Last edited:

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Got up this morning wondering about that too.

And hopefully we get a new, fresh thread with some good info about the scrimmage. I know they only release the stats that choose to release, but info has been slow coming out so far this spring.

In particular, I'm sure all of us are interested in the qb stats. I'm sure we could have an epic thread breaking down what they mean. ;)

I'm also eager to hear about the running backs and especially DH!!!

Anticipating news on how many catches our tight ends get with CLK's guidance!!!

Would also love to hear that Tony Brown is continuing to make an impact. That would be huge if he is actually ready to play this fall!
Amen Moon!

Just saw on a beat writer's Twitter feed that it's at 1:00.

Can't wait for news to start dribbling out shortly thereafter!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.