Link: Marquette hires Wojo

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
So much for "Coach in Waiting". ESPN....

Marquette Hires WOJO

Marquette found its replacement for Buzz Williams in Mike Krzyzewski's coaching tree.

The Golden Eagles introduced Duke assistant Steve Wojciechowski as their next men's basketball coach Tuesday, with Krzyzewski's longtime right-hand man saying he wants to follow his mentor's lead while bringing his new program to similar heights.

Krzyzewski "allowed me to understand just how fun and incredible the game of basketball is, but when used the right way, how it can change your life," Wojciechowski said during his introductory news conference in Milwaukee. "I hope to do that here at Marquette."

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Seriously, are there other proteges of Coach K out there anywhere? Just wondering.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Seriously, are there other proteges of Coach K out there anywhere? Just wondering.
Johnny Dawkins is at Stanford
Tommy Amaker is at Harvard
Mike Brey is at ND
Jeff Capel had stints at VCU and then Oklahoma, and is now back on Duke's staff
Quin Snyder formerly coached Mizzou, and is no an assistant for the Hawks

Nate James and Jon Scheyer are his other young assistants, and both will be hot names in a few years I am sure (James first, and then Scheyer who is one of my fav players).

Also, I would assume Wojo is still the heir apparent to the job...as long as he doesn't bomb at Marquette. Coach K will go another 3-4 years at LEAST I would assume, which will give WoJo come experience by the time the position comes open.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.