Jalston Fowler -- looks thinner.

kat4bama

3rd Team
Aug 27, 2009
I agree with the poster who said Norwood was his favorite. He was mine too. I love someone who can come back after adversity like Fowler has. He will be one that I am rooting for.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
I have several reasons in cheering for JF:
1. He has a learning disability and has overcome it.
2. He comes from economic disadvantage, but as far as we know, he has not let that hold him back, but has worked hard to get where he is.
3. One of the more serious knee injuries we have seen -- yet he again has worked hard. Notice a theme here???
4. He is always smiling and seeing the glass as half-full. He could have moped around and complained about being behind others, being injured...etc. To our knowledge, he never has...just gone out and worked hard.
He exemplifies to me the best of what college sport is about -- team, personal development and dedication. I would take a JF type person at every position, no question about it.

This.

I've been a huge JF fan ever since I saw his recruiting video and learned that he would miss his senior year of HS football due to being born a few days too soon. Then after that he was just starting to establish himself in the Tide O when the injury occurred. But instead of feeling sorry for himself as a lot of folk would, he just worked his arse off to come back again. Not many players have the character to overcome missing TWO seasons of playing and still come back.

Let's hope Jalston's perseverance is rewarded and he has a terrific senior season, no one deserves it more.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.