Jalston Fowler -- looks thinner.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
One of the players practically everyone wants to see do great things. {Also, Tomlinson and . . . } I suppose we all have soft spots for guys who have had major injuries. Would LOVE it if he has a LARGE role in an offense that is scary-good.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Goodness he looks like a freaking tank ready to maul the D's blocking & running the ball..Can y'all imagine him & Henry split in the Shotgun Formation like auburn used Cadillac Williams & Ronnie Brown..

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
He looks incredibly cut.

I think most Bama fans have a soft spot for him. I hope he has a great senior year.

I hope Kiffin makes some changes to the offense to make us less predictable, but he better not take out the play action pass to Fowler on the goal line is that seem to work almost every single time even when people should have known it was coming.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I don't think he'll do that.
He looks incredibly cut.

I think most Bama fans have a soft spot for him. I hope he has a great senior year.

I hope Kiffin makes some changes to the offense to make us less predictable, but he better not take out the play action pass to Fowler on the goal line is that seem to work almost every single time even when people should have known it was coming.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I really think we'll see more of Fowler more this year, because this is his year to shine. He has a future in NFL and Something tells me we'll see something special in him. He's a beast.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
He favors Eddie Lacy in that picture to me. I agree though, he looks like he has really tightened up and gotten in shape. I really do expect great things from him this year. If he was anywhere else he and healthy, he would be an all-conference type player.

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
Fowler is one of those type players that give his all 100% of the time, and just loves to play.. I can tell that about him. And he will do anything it takes to be a part of the Offense....So I wonder if the coaches wanted him to slim down so he could play a more major role this season, I bet he did so. Coming off an injury like that they may have wanted him a little lighter for his role in the Offense this year. Looking at him now, the guy is looking incredible, and I'm sure is as HUNGRY as ever for the season to start. Gotta give kudos to a young man that gives his all, no matter where he plays on the field.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
In the 2013 Media Guide, Fowler was listed at 250. In the spring Media Guide, he's listed at 248. He may have lost fat weight and turned it into muscle.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
After the Michigan game in 2012, I thought Fowler was the best FB in CFB. No one else can maul people then turn around and pick up fifteen yards up the middle like he can. And has he ever gotten less than four yards on a carry. The dude has serious NFL potential and I can't wait to see what Coac Kiffin does with him.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I have several reasons in cheering for JF:
1. He has a learning disability and has overcome it.
2. He comes from economic disadvantage, but as far as we know, he has not let that hold him back, but has worked hard to get where he is.
3. One of the more serious knee injuries we have seen -- yet he again has worked hard. Notice a theme here???
4. He is always smiling and seeing the glass as half-full. He could have moped around and complained about being behind others, being injured...etc. To our knowledge, he never has...just gone out and worked hard.
He exemplifies to me the best of what college sport is about -- team, personal development and dedication. I would take a JF type person at every position, no question about it.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Goodness he looks like a freaking tank ready to maul the D's blocking & running the ball..Can y'all imagine him & Henry split in the Shotgun Formation like auburn used Cadillac Williams & Ronnie Brown..
I can imagine a power "I" or wishbone with Sims, Fowler, Henry and TJ Yeldon all in the backfield. Now that's freaking scary.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.