Black, Hispanic kids face barriers to future success than whites/asians

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
When my wife, her siblings, my wife's friends, and her siblings' friends all come to this country, learn English, obtain an education or trade, and earn six-figure salaries I'm not sure what excuse any other able-bodied person has for not being able to pay their own bills.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm sure the 70-plus percent illegitimacy rate among blacks does not have a damn thing to do with it. That would make me a racist for pointing out the obvious. On the whole, Asians and Hispanics are very family oriented (yes, there are exceptions, I mean generally), often having multiple generations in the same dwelling.

The late liberal Alan Bloom pointed out this adjustment and challenge issue in his classic book, "The Closing of the American Mind." For his observations he was called a racist.

Or I found point out these "challenges" obviously depend on the person as we have a black Presudebt but never have had a Hispanic or Asian one.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
I'm sure the 70-plus percent illegitimacy rate among blacks does not have a damn thing to do with it. That would make me a racist for pointing out the obvious. On the whole, Asians and Hispanics are very family oriented (yes, there are exceptions, I mean generally), often having multiple generations in the same dwelling.

The late liberal Alan Bloom pointed out this adjustment and challenge issue in his classic book, "The Closing of the American Mind." For his observations he was called a racist.

Or I found point out these "challenges" obviously depend on the person as we have a black Presudebt but never have had a Hispanic or Asian one.
very good book

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
"They" can continue to blame whatever and whomever they want. But until the home is fixed in the black community it doesn't matter how many free programs you offer them, how much more money you give them or how much more you lower the standards for them to advance. As a race they will continue to fall behind the other races who value the structure and institution of the home.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
Put most people in a one parent household in a economically depressed area surrounded by criminal culture and drug addiction, and they won't make it, no matter what their genetics.
Measure the size of peoples brains and you will see the difference. I do not care if they live in a cardboard box under a bridge. The government dogma of we are all the same is a myth. Some races are better athletes, some are better in school, some taller on average, and others smaller on average. The differences are there, whether anyone has enough guts to point them out is the question.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Measure the size of peoples brains and you will see the difference. I do not care if they live in a cardboard box under a bridge. The government dogma of we are all the same is a myth. Some races are better athletes, some are better in school, some taller on average, and others smaller on average. The differences are there, whether anyone has enough guts to point them out is the question.
Neanderthals had larger brains than modern man

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
This is kinda funny...on the radio riding to work this morning, they were talking about a multitude of just released "studies" that claim that genetics do in fact play a huge part in who you are/who you turn out to be. They are very specific to mention the role that other factors (such as environment etc.) play, but it seems like they just pointed out what most people (I think) already know - if you're "popular", a "leader", a "nerd"... there was probably a genetic predisposition to being that way.

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
This article is about 9 years old but it claims Average IQ in different races are genetic. I don't have an opinion either way just providing the forum something to read on the topic.

http://www.news-medical.net/news/2005/04/26/9530.aspx
http://www.news-medical.net/news/2005/04/26/9530.aspx

The Worldwide Pattern of IQ Scores. East Asians average higher on IQ tests than Whites, both in the U. S. and in Asia, even though IQ tests were developed for use in the Euro-American culture. Around the world, the average IQ for East Asians centers around 106; for Whites, about 100; and for Blacks about 85 in the U.S. and 70 in sub-Saharan Africa.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wha...j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

The vast majority of people in the United States have I.Q.s between 80 and 120, with an I.Q. of 100 considered average. To be diagnosed as having mental retardation, a person must have an I.Q. below 70-75, i.e. significantly below average.

I think we need to be clear here--whether or not there are variations by race in intelligence has little to do with the challenges facing the black and Hispanic communities. We aren't talking the difference between going to a state school and an Ivy League.
I never said genetics guarantee anything, but being on the low end of the IQ range can not be good. The average in Africa is what would would consider retarded. We can point out outliers all day, but it won't change the facts. Just to be clear are you saying having a low IQ on average has little to do with challenges in communities?

Last edited:

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
Neanderthals had larger brains than modern man
Combined with post above.

Brain Size Differences. Studies using magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) find a correlation of brain size with IQ of about 0.40. Larger brains contain more neurons and synapses and process information faster. Race differences in brain size are present at birth. By adulthood, East Asians average 1 cubic inch more cranial capacity than Whites who average 5 cubic inches more than Blacks.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wha...j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.