Altee TenPenny in trouble with the law

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
It's not that Mr Tenpenny will get axed for a pot bust, but the way things work on the team and in life is that you only get so many strikes. I'm sure he likes smoking weed, but part of growing up is asking yourself "what is the cost"? For someone with his ability the cost could be the difference between financial security and digging ditches for a living.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
I see nothing criminal in smoking a little weed, but rules is rules and the young athletes need team rules like no pot smoking. I have no doubt some of them are responsible enough to smoke a little and stay out of trouble but many are not and that is why these rules for athletes should be in place.

Its not so much a criminal offense to me but a team offense which no doubt will be taken care of internally and left at that.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Weren't we just talking in another thread about how it's a good thing that there's been very little news during Spring practice this year.

Yeeeeesh...

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I think CO will be a hot spot for spring breakers over the next few years....LOL I wish no barn players would get arrested because each time one does.......

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Not a good idea when the team is deep at your position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
Unfortunate. As life would have it, I met a guy who said he was Altee's next door neighbor in Arkansas. The guy was convinced Altee was moving to defense. He said Altee was a really nice kid, but he sure made a mistake here.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Two thoughts:

First, times do change. It wasn't all that long ago that pot would get you off the team with no further questions asked. Now, it's treated kind of like drinking was back in the day.

Second, never throw rocks at other schools for a single incident, or even a few of them. You never know when it's our turn to have something like this happen. Criticize only when it's a pattern that repeats over a number of years (Georgia under Richt).

I thought we'd made it through spring break unscathed, but no such luck. This is what I hate about the offseason.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I'm not endorsing players to smoke pot, but, if you're going to smoke it, don't do it while driving, cause it does impair you to a degree & is dangerous to drive if you're smoking some good pot(not that I know this from personal experience(G))..Get where you're going & do it behind closed doors in private..Just use common sense..

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I appreciate his responding with a "yes, sir" to the officer. I do not appreciate his dishonesty by saying that there was no more in the car. I appreciate his honesty when a bag was found, he said that it was his.

I just don't like to see Bama players in The News for negative things. Lets see more in the News for positive things like helping those who need help. Help your fellow man. Did this help anyone? I don't think so!

Altee I want to see you successful in academics and on the football field. Did that marijuana help you to become a better person?

Get HIGH off life and not off WEED, etc.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.