UGA's Newest Recruiting Tactic: Drawn Portraits of the Recruit

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Story

I don't buy that these pictures were "hand drawn." I figure they have a computer program that takes a picture of the recruit and uses it to "draw" the player.

Getting the attention of a high schooler can be hard for anyone, but it can be especially difficult for college football coaches who are fighting for top prospects to play for their school.

The Georgia Bulldogs appear to be taking a new approach.

This week Peach State prospects Roquan Smith, Rashad Roundtree and D'Andre Walker, who are all being recruited by Georgia, posted photos on their Twitter accounts of hand-drawn portraits they received in the mail, complete with a personal message from Bulldogs head coach Mark Richt.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I've seen a lot of sketches and that looks like what you'd expect from someone in art class.

I suppose the real question is what are the allowances when it comes to recruiting letters? Couldn't that be considered art and an impermissible benefit or do they have additional leave-way when it comes to recruiting letters?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.