Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich forced to resign because he didn't support gay marriage.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Good Lord, I came to a fight and a hockey game broke out.

One must wonder why the high and mighty tolerant gay activists aren't demanding we stop importing oil from Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, or Venezuela.

Oh that's right - they'd be laughed off the air, that's why.
Because we know that access to the internet, chicken nuggets, and arts and crafts stores are much more important than imported oil from foreign countries.....that have severe penal-ties for being gay.....

;)

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
what makes you think we live in a democracy? Aren't you in politics, working for national campaigns? You'd think someone in your position would know we are a constitutional republic. We going to need a civics lesson?

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitutional_republic
Jon, we haven't been a Consitutional Republic in a long time. Matter of fact: We have a president (lower case intended) who has trampled all over our Constitution. And don't even get me started on Prince Harry Reid and Queen "we have to pass it to see what's in it" Nancy.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I'm honestly unsure as to how I feel about this column, but he speaks some truth...

http://themattwalshblog.com/2014/04...-of-your-mozilla-victory-you-will-still-lose/
He speaks the absolute truth in my opinion:

Marriage has, had, and always will have, by definition, a certain character and purpose; a character and purpose centered around, above all things, the family. Marriage is the foundation through which a thriving and lasting civilization sees to the propagation of itself. Human beings can only reproduce by means of ‘heterosexuality,’ and this reality sets the ‘heterosexual’ union apart. Marriage is meant to be the context in which this reproduction occurs.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
If you are a minority, the only chance you have to strike fear in the heart of the majority is to use the bigot card...ain't you people learned anything????

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
The gay community is the most bigoted, hateful group I have seen. The intolerance and hypocrisy they show is going to produce a karma situation.

I guess gay rights agenda had a standing Miranda warning to ALL who don't glorify their lifestyle ..."You have the right to remain silent"

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Re: Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich forced to resign because he didn't support gay marri...

Here's an account from someone within Mozilla. This may be the most sane thing I've read about this situation: https://medium.com/p/7645a4bf8a2
Meh......just another blowhard who no one knows who's trying to make sanity from an insane situation. He's now inserted himself into the fray -- all the while covering his backside about 15 times in the article to make sure everyone knows that he likes gay people.... Ugh!

I sure wish people would realize that 99% of the opposition has nothing to do with hating gay people -- it has to do with Marriage being a bond between a man and a woman....and because you oppose the idea of Gay Marriage doesn't mean you hate Gay people.

Personally - I don't care -- marry who you like. It affects me not. I just wish from a legal angle people would take care of this the right way.....and everyone (as usual) wants a shortcut, and would prefer to use Chicago Tactics to overturn laws they don't like.

(heavy sigh!)

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
The reason they don't go after Muslim groups is simple. It is safe to attack people who follow a peaceful religion that instructs its followers to "turn the other cheek" when you are attacked. It is wholly different when a religion says to slice the other cheek.

I want these groups to march in Saudi Arabia and Tehran and Karachi. Gays here have no idea what inequality is. If you REALLY believe America treats you sooooooo unfairly then you should truly hoist your colorful flags up in an Islamic country for a healthy dose of perspective.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
Re: Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich forced to resign because he didn't support gay marri...

Thanks. Very good article which clarifies the situation, bringing to light some important facts.
It only serves to show how he was completely railroaded and that this was a witch hunt. His "friends" should be ashamed that they would not stick up for him despite having NO issues for 3 years. Personally, I hope he brings Mozilla to the ground.

And they do not believe in their "inclusion" policy at all. I literally laughed as I read it.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
The reason they don't go after Muslim groups is simple.
Yes it is: they're not the ones raising money and publically advocating for the curtailment of our rights. Not that all Christians are either, by any means, but I've yet to see a Muslim jump onto that soapbox.

I want these groups to march in Saudi Arabia and Tehran and Karachi. Gays here have no idea what inequality is. If you REALLY believe America treats you sooooooo unfairly then you should truly hoist your colorful flags up in an Islamic country for a healthy dose of perspective.
The notion that, since injustice exists elsewhere in greater form, its presence at home should be ignored is... honestly, just too ridiculous to warrant a serious response.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Here there are some states that don't approve of gay relationships. There they execute gays. Where do you think the emphasis should be?
Probably where we, as citizens of the US, can actually affect change. The treatment of gays and other minority groups in certain parts of the world is nothing short of tragic, but I'm a pragmatist.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.