Honey Maid Responds to negative comments on pro-gay ad

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
All you can say is you have a vote with your wallet. If you don't agree, then don't buy their product. There are products I don't buy because I don't agree with things the company does.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I'll definitely vote with my wallet and avoid Honey Maid - not because of this ad, but because their products are full of HFCS.

There's that and the fact that they are high as a cat's back too. Graham crackers ain't made with gold.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Man, I'm going to have a tough time breaking away from Honey Maid. I love putting a little grape jelly on the Honey Made crackers and eating it. That was a childhood snack...DAMN YOU HONEY MAID!!!!!!!

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
I'll definitely vote with my wallet and avoid Honey Maid - not because of this ad, but because their products are full of HFCS.
That and I'm getting awfully sick of companies pandering to either side of this issue.

This is a blatant attempt at getting free advertising by being "controversial." It works for whichever side a company's higher ups side with. I'm sure Honey Maid will see a slight uptick in their profits the same way Chick Fil A did a year ago.

I can't even walk down a grocery aisle without having to be reminded that everything is political. Even our food. Ugh.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
It's the new free advertising gimmick. Well, not new, Chik-fil-a did it last year, and Oreos did it a while back. Maybe others I can't think of right now.

Take a controversial stand on some righteous basis, free advertising ensues.

Advertising is all about getting attention and buzz.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Not to defend another company that puts all sorts of chemicals in their 'food' (not to mention sells 'fast 'food, yuck) but I don't recall Chic-Fil-A taking a controversial stand - I simply recall someone digging up an interview wight he owner where he answered a point-blank questions. IMO, lumping that in with companies that proactively attach themselves to a cause via advertising is unfair.

Feel free to correct me if I'm remembering it wrong.

BamaCorvin

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Chattanooga , Tn
Chick-fil-A is no way did anything as a gimmick. The president was asked about his personal believes and it ruffled some feathers :). Chicken feathers to be specific

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
I like that li'l video. Not a fan of companies blatantly pushing any agenda, but anyone who thinks the various arms of the American food industry hasn't been firmly entrenched in politics to protect their own interests/bottom line simply hasn't been paying attention. Our food is so manipulated, across the board, it's mind-boggling, and they take every measure they can to ensure it remains that way. No, there's nothing apolitical about food companies. I just wish they'd go back to being more surreptitious about it. :cool:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
It's the new free advertising gimmick. Well, not new, Chik-fil-a did it last year, and Oreos did it a while back. Maybe others I can't think of right now.

Take a controversial stand on some righteous basis, free advertising ensues.

Advertising is all about getting attention and buzz.
FWIW, Oreos come from the same company. You can score a 2fer with a boycott.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Not to defend another company that puts all sorts of chemicals in their 'food' (not to mention sells 'fast 'food, yuck) but I don't recall Chic-Fil-A taking a controversial stand - I simply recall someone digging up an interview wight he owner where he answered a point-blank questions. IMO, lumping that in with companies that proactively attach themselves to a cause via advertising is unfair.

well, there were reports of a few holsteins tagging this year's atlanta pride parade with "eat mor chikin", but that may just be an urban legend

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Not to defend another company that puts all sorts of chemicals in their 'food' (not to mention sells 'fast 'food, yuck) but I don't recall Chic-Fil-A taking a controversial stand - I simply recall someone digging up an interview with the owner where he answered a point-blank questions. IMO, lumping that in with companies that proactively attach themselves to a cause via advertising is unfair.

FIFY!

Your memory coincides with mine. We both may be bigots. (It is still Make Fun of Jon Day. Sorry, bub.)

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I like that li'l video. Not a fan of companies blatantly pushing any agenda, but anyone who thinks the various arms of the American food industry hasn't been firmly entrenched in politics to protect their own interests/bottom line simply hasn't been paying attention. Our food is so manipulated, across the board, it's mind-boggling, and they take every measure they can to ensure it remains that way. No, there's nothing apolitical about food companies. I just wish they'd go back to being more surreptitious about it. :cool:
Take the fast food ads....they lie blatantly - panko crusted cod my smelly rear end. They show white fish then sell you this gray crap that was probably guts. No panko crust either. They lie like that in other countries and they get fined severely/taken off the air. Only reason they can do it here is the politicians protect them.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Take the fast food ads....they lie blatantly - panko crusted cod my smelly rear end. They show white fish then sell you this gray crap that was probably guts. No panko crust either. They lie like that in other countries and they get fined severely/taken off the air. Only reason they can do it here is the politicians protect them.
Hey, if we can get lied to by the President -- how do you fuss at Wendy's for promoting -- "all beef" burgers.....

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Hey, if we can get lied to by the President -- how do you fuss at Wendy's for promoting -- "all beef" burgers.....
Honestly, what scares me more is that "all beef burgers" is supposed to be some reason why I should buy them... If you have to tell me they are all beef, that tells me more about the industry than it does about the quality of Wendy's burgers.

As CA said - I'll boycott Honey Maid because their food is made of crap. I probably disagree politically with the producers and distributors of several foods I buy - I don't care. Give me a high quality food product. Unless you are using my money to support terrorism, are actively hostile toward a group, or the like, I'll still probably buy your product if it is high quality.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.