All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
The 1st scrimmage of the spring is a good sign, but we'll see how it goes next scrimmage. Can they be consistent in their effort?

I"m curious about Blake.. the passes he completed, were they on slant plays? Screen plays? play action? IT's hard to take his stats seriously until we know what plays he went through. I wanted to know if he can change the plays at the scrimmage and did he do it well. Can he throw a long ball to receivers on spot? I'm more curious about his progress than his stats. That goes for wide receivers.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Yeah, I worry about Jackson's injury. Looks like the corner position could be heading towards another frustrating underclassman shuffle like last season.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The 1st scrimmage of the spring is a good sign, but we'll see how it goes next scrimmage. Can they be consistent in their effort?

I"m curious about Blake.. the passes he completed, were they on slant plays? Screen plays? play action? IT's hard to take his stats seriously until we know what plays he went through. I wanted to know if he can change the plays at the scrimmage and did he do it well. Can he throw a long ball to receivers on spot? I'm more curious about his progress than his stats. That goes for wide receivers.
I saw a writer tweet one of Coop's TDs was a 75 yarder from Blake. Would like to know what the route was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I wouldn't say that. Last season, we had lot of people learning their new roles.. this season they should be very comfortable in their game.
Yeah, I worry about Jackson's injury. Looks like the corner position could be heading towards another frustrating underclassman shuffle like last season.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Feel bad for Eddie. I think he was likely a starter this fall. Looks like a medical redshirt for him this fall if the ACL tear is right.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Unfortunately injuries are going to happen at the level Bama plays at, our players play just as hard, if not harder during our scrimmages, as they do during an actual game..Cause scrimmages are when starting spots are won or lost, and they fight for the starting spots at Bama, and injuries are naturally going to happen..That's why Coach Saban recruits so hard..I hate that any Player gets injured, we will be fine though, cause the Players that steps up are just as talented as the Players in front of them..And it gives Players a chance to get the needed reps to step up into the role as a starter when a injury happens this early of the sesaon..

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
The starters at corner are going to be named Brown and Humphrey.
sylve was improving until he hurt his ankle last year. I thought Eddie would win a starting job and TB andMH would compete for starting nickel and maybe non boundary corner. It's tough for a true frosh to start at DB. While I think TB and MH are going to be our best athletes there, I'd be a bit concerned if we start two true frosh at CB.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.