First scrimmage in the books

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
There may not be a lot we can know after 1 scrimmage, but it's still pretty ridiculous that AC appears to have had a 75 yd TD, a 1 yd TD (unless there's another passing TD that wasn't accounted for in the released stats), and then averaged a mere 38 ypc on his other 3 grabs.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
There may not be a lot we can know after 1 scrimmage, but it's still pretty ridiculous that AC appears to have had a 75 yd TD, a 1 yd TD (unless there's another passing TD that wasn't accounted for in the released stats), and then averaged a mere 38 ypc on his other 3 grabs.
Eh, yes and no. Amari always posts big scrimmage numbers anyway just because of his raw talent and ability, and frankly we just don't have anything at cornerback right now, especially on down the depth chart. Amari going against our second and third team cornerbacks is definite man-versus-boys category. Truth be told, I'd be more worried about something being wrong with Amari if he wasn't blowing up in these scrimmages.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I've been lucky enough to see a few non-A-Day scrimmages during the Saban era and I'll never again get terribly excited or disappointed about scrimmage numbers. It's better than nothing, of course, but I now pay far more attention to injury reports and which rehabbing players participate than to the performance stats. I also agree with the concept that you can get a good idea of who perhaps won't be contributing come September than who is likely to be a star.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'll be praying for you...mine is the week after Easter -- tore my meniscus and it has just not improved but worsened. I like to do too much to limp around for another few months.
I certainly was happy to get mine behind me. I had to put off surgery because I was on an antiplatelet. (I'll have to go back on one Thursday, almost certainly, with the latest heart cath.) My knee felt better 48 hours after the surgery than it'd felt in the previously 2 1/2 years...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.