CB Eddie Jackson suffers knee injury...

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Was told it didn't look good at all.

MRI will be Sunday sometime. Jackson and Sylve were the starters at CB. If it's an ACL, it's highly unlikely he'll play this year but it isn't completely out of the realm of possibility. We just won't know yet, not for several months actually.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
This really sucks. Was looking forward to seeing what Eddie had in store for us during his 2nd season. Kid has a TON of potential.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
As good of condition as our players seem to be in, we sure seem to have a lot of freak injuries.
I hate this for the kid, but he'll have a chance to comeback.

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006
That's probably more correct...he never trusted that knee and always seemed to resent CRP moving him to defense...or was it CBC? Anyway, as Con said, surgery has improved by light years -- as well as therapy.
Pretty sure it was Ray Perkins.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I can remember that happening with Gene Jelks -- physically he was never the same.
Mentally either. Gene changed after his injury.
I talked with him late last Fall and he acted like he did before his injury.
I hope he's changed.

A little history...
(Gene fell out of graces with some of us when he was bought and paid for by Auburn backers...
I've known Gene since he was in Jr. High, so the betrayal of Alabama left an especially bitter taste in my mouth.)

Gene is trying to rehab his image these days...
He really really needed to make amends for his words and actions.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Another guy that was never the same was Kerry Goode, another pretty good Bama running back. Remember him running all over Boston College in the Kick Off Classic???

Have we heard the official word on his MRI?

Assuming it's the worst, it would seem doubtful he could play hardly at all next year, unless it was late in the season and even then he still wouldn't be 100%.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Mentally either. Gene changed after his injury.
I talked with him late last Fall and he acted like he did before his injury.
I hope he's changed.

A little history...
(Gene fell out of graces with some of us when he was bought and paid for by Auburn backers...
I've known Gene since he was in Jr. High, so the betrayal of Alabama left an especially bitter taste in my mouth.)

Gene is trying to rehab his image these days...
He really really needed to make amends for his words and actions.
All of us have moments for which we need grace! Yes, he blew it...but I have found that the forgiven sinner is the most loyal and most appreciative. He who is without sin...

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006
Another guy that was never the same was Kerry Goode, another pretty good Bama running back. Remember him running all over Boston College in the Kick Off Classic???

Have we heard the official word on his MRI?

Assuming it's the worst, it would seem doubtful he could play hardly at all next year, unless it was late in the season and even then he still wouldn't be 100%.
Kerry Goode-now there's a blast from the past. One of the most impressive single game performances in Alabama history. Played the game of his life. I was at that game and I remember he kind of jogged off the field. I didn't think it was that bad. Next thing I hear, he'd torn his knee up.

Kerry tried hard and even played some fullback his last year. He even played a little for the Tampa Bay Bucs. Poor guy.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
That's probably more correct...he never trusted that knee and always seemed to resent CRP moving him to defense...or was it CBC? Anyway, as Con said, surgery has improved by light years -- as well as therapy.
Word was that Gene was fine about the switch when it happened (though that just might have been Curry's PR machine), and after a few games at corner it was clear that he had some serious potential there. Had an amazing punt return for a TD--froze two Vols and then darted right between them--looked for all the world like he had suddenly turned two dimensional.

Hurt his knee on a punt return the next week, I think. Planted his foot and it just went.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.