CB Eddie Jackson suffers knee injury...

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I think this could be like Chris Black's injury, and by the time he's ready to go, it's probably going to be too late to waste a year of eligibility anyway.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Oop, my mistake he did say this fall but the headline seems to suggest beginning of camp. I think he miss three games.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
He should just take the whole year off unless it was a partial tear. No way you are coming back from a full ACL tear in 5 months and be anywhere close to 100%. Wish him a speedy recovery.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
CNS said it was "ligament damage" and said he would be "ready to go" by this fall.

Reading between the lines, it can't be a complete tear of any major ligament. Has to be a partial tear.

CNS has seen his share of ACL blowouts and surely he's been briefed to the nature of the injury.

So overall, about as good of news as we could've expected to hear!

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
We're really parsing words here.

We know that the "ligament damage" required surgery. A blackletter reading of that phrase could indicate anything from a partial tear of a less-important ligament, to total blowout of multiple ligaments.

Saban saying that Jackson would be ready "for the fall" would indicate it's not the catastrophic worst case. But "the fall" could run anywhere from August (not likely) to December (more likely, but nowhere near guaranteed).

So what we know is that it's somewhere between a partial tear of a minor ligament, and a full tear of one or more ligaments. If the latter, it happened in such a way that return some time in the 2014 season remains a possibility.

In other words, we don't know much at all.

While reading interpretations of who said what, I'm reminded of The Boxer. "A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest."

Whatever the true injury, I wish Eddie Jackson the speediest physical and (this is important) mental recovery possible. Come back when you can contribute to the best of your ability. If that's the 2014 season, that's great. If it's 2015, that's good too.

Last edited:

PDL

All-SEC
Oct 16, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Sounds like Saban is hoping for a Dequan Menzie type recovery. Didn't Menzie get hurt around the same time in 2010 and was back to play that fall?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Sounds like Saban is hoping for a Dequan Menzie type recovery. Didn't Menzie get hurt around the same time in 2010 and was back to play that fall?
Yeah DQ messed up his Achilles over spring break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Just going to have to wait and see, I suppose. I certainly hope he is at full speed for fall camp and starts on our first defensive series. Seems like injury recovery goes faster every year. Get well soon, Eddie.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I read a link where a partial tear can take from six months to a year to recover from the injury.. If My timing is right,. He should be participating in practices in late September and be cleared for games in October.... Here’s the link:. http://www.braceability.com/blog/acl-tear-recovery/.. and http://www.aclsurgeryrecovery.net/20/can-a-partial-acl-heal/. My guess is that he has a partial tear around 30-50 percent tear..

I believe Saban said he expects him to be ready "for the fall", not fall camp specifically. The fall could technically mean October technically.. .Looking at the schedule for 2014, I would imagine Eddie Jackson to return to practice .on .the week of Step 20th and it gives him three weeks with open date. 9/27 and start practicing for two weeks, and be ready for a game against Ole Miss… That’s the target date, I would imagine…. I don’t think they will miss him badly with games against WV, Florida Atl, S. Miss and Florida.... The schedule is somewhat tough against Arkansas, Texas A and M, Tennessee, LSU and then Miss game and auburn game.. We definitely need him for those games..

.So in all, I don’t think anyone, including Saban knows when he’ll be ready exactly, but used the fall as a target point, but we don’t know when exactly.. The scenario I provided is most likely will happen, but I can’t say for sure.. .We’ll know more in august when fall camp begins and we’ll see if he’s in black contact jersey or riding bike... That’s the telling point.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
We’ll know more in august when fall camp begins and we’ll see if he’s in black contact jersey or riding bike... That’s the telling point.
If he's running drills full speed (cutting, excellerating, planting, etc) in August, even with a black jersey, that will be a great sign!!!

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Hopefully the whole "back by the fall" line means early fall, and not just a way of saying that they expect Jackson will be able to avoid a redshirt and get on the field in some capacity in 2014. Could be reasonably construed either way, I suppose.

Will add, though, if Jackson is back on the field for fall camp, then he didn't sustain a complete tear of the ACL. Initial reporting on that one may have been wrong, but clearly he's not going to be back in four months from that kind of injury.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that this was a partial tear that can be good by August or at least a few games into the season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.