How do you feel about the Sugar Bowl loss?

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Go back and read the JessN's review after the Auburn game. He was pretty tough on CNS at the time for not making Auburn more of a "priority game" (my words, not JessN's).

Of course, there was a lot up in the air at that time about "CNS to Texas." Glad that is over with!!!

But the real issue Jess brought up is that the Auburn game falls on our schedule at a place where we can't affort to ever lose to them if we have any "post season" hopes.

I think CNS, might have been fooled by the rivalry, especially after 2008. Even though it took a clutch drive led by GMac at the end of the '09 game, he might have still felt like we were in control of Auburn then. But 2010 should have been the wake up call.

CNS has treated the LSU game like we want him to, but we also wish he'd put Auburn in the same catagory, and I'll say it again, history has proven we can lose to LSU and it not bite us near as bad as losing to Auburn.

And then there is the whole side of living in the state with the Auburn fans that CNS doesn't understand. He's not a part of the fanbase and doesn't have to "put up" with the Barn fans when we lose to them. He's insulated and isolated from that.

So I do like the idea of using our former greats as a resource to remind the players AND CNS about the Auburn rivalry and how much it OUGHT to mean. Surely CNS knows how important it is to win this game in terms of where it falls on the schedule but I'd like for him to have a better understanding of just how important winnning that game is for US too. Perhaps I'm "judging" CNS and perhaps he has a better understanding of the rivalry than we think, but, the "fruits" we judge doesn't seem to suggests the players are being taught to hate all things having to do with the Barn like we wish they would.

And I'll throw this out there too. IF (that's a big if), UT ever gets its act together again, we'll need that generation of players to learn to hate them too.
Amen X1000000.

Last edited:

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
That is what I have been trying to say all along. This is not the college football most of us grew up with and it will never be what it was. You have to accept that those days are gone forever and realize that the typical fan and newest hot recruit have no college football memory prior to the mid 90's.While I agree that we should be more dominant when playing the barn, I really do not believe that the difference in the two programs right now is that big. Also auburn every year presents a much bigger challenge than Oregon State, Okie Lite, Ga Tech and UCLA.

Do you really think those kids on the 1966 team had a great knowledge of the Rose Bowl teams of the 20's and 30's? Of course not, but they knew that they were on the precipiece of CFB history and they took care of business. The voters let them down, but they didn't let themselves down and I bet that's a bit of pride that they'll take to their graves.

Last edited:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Do you really think those kids on the 1966 team had a great knowledge of the Rose Bowl teams of the 20's and 30's? Of course not, but they knew that they were on the precipiece of CFB history and they took care of business. The voters let them down, but they didn't let themselves down and I bet that's a bit of pride that they'll take to their graves.
I do not disagree with any of this, Tommy. Of course having CPB as the head man then and being an alum and player back in the 1930s bridged that gap, unlike today. I will always believe that the 1966 team was CPB's best of all his 1960s teams and probably as good as some of his NC teams of the 1970s. I just believe that the coaches and athletes in today's game do not enjoy nor emphasize the history of Alabama football.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
And 26% of the 1966 team was from out of state. 58% of the Spring 2012 roster was out of state players.

Think that many out of state kids know about the history of the program? Probably not. The coaches can fix that.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
And 26% of the 1966 team was from out of state. 58% of the Spring 2012 roster was out of state players.

Think that many out of state kids know about the history of the program? Probably not. The coaches can fix that.
The while not having enough homegrown players is a total myth. Look at the barn most of their roster is from Georgia. When Tubs was the HC they also recruited a lot from Florida. OU recruits heavy in Texas IE Adrian Peterson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Buzz,

While I understand the sentiment, the fact OU beat us doesn't change the fact that Bob Stoops crumbles nearly every single time he's in a big game. Maybe we need to play OU with something actually at stake - I have a hunch we'd see a different result.

Stoops came up big in 2000. No argument. But ever since then he has not only lost, he has crashed and burned in spectacular style MULTIPLE times. His rep was not earned because he lost one close game to Boise State. If that were his only faux pas, Stoops would be in that category of great coaches who had an occasional hiccup. Coach Saban lost to UAB his first year at LSU, ULM his first year at Alabama, and Utah in the 2009 Sugar Bowl after we'd been number one for five weeks late in the year. Those were considered somewhat humiliating losses. However, Saban's record is full - far on the other side - of big wins like the 2001 SECCG, the 2004 BCSNCG (against Stoops, no less, where Saban was the underdog), and the great run since 2009. Our losses during that time have been to GOOD teams, including this year's OU team.

Stoops not only loses at inopportune and ridiculous times - he gets humiliated. One week his 2003 OU team was being called the greatest ever; the next, he was losing by four TDs to a three-loss K-State team, and the game wasn't even that close (KSU could have beaten them by a couple of more TDs). Then there's the USC obliteration. Losing is one thing; not even showing up FOR THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME is something different. I don't care if USC's entire offense was on the take, there's no way they should have been 36 points better than a good OU team.

Now regarding the three recent OU wins over us - in 2003, OU BARELY (with a fake punt) beat a 4-9 mediocrity with a head coach on the job only four months serving major sanctions. Ole Miss beat us by double what OU did. For that matter, Hawaii - HAWAII - had an easier time with our 2003 disaster than "the greatest team of all-time." We were supposed to lose that game, but we weren't supposed to be within seven at the end.

Look, OU beat us fair and square on the field, and I've never said anything else about that. Seven turnovers - give them credit and you won't beat anybody. You've not heard me say things like it was because we weren't ready or whatever. I think it stands to reason that letdowns DO happen and lack of intensity and focus can help you lose, but it's no acceptable excuse to me.

I guess you may be right about us in particular, but let's not act like Big Game Bob is anything other than a colossal flop artist, either. His past record certainly suggests that had the Sugar Bowl been unbeaten us versus unbeaten him, he would have lost in spectacular fashion. It wasn't - he won, give him credit. It's just like the fact his team won doesn't prove his stupid claim about the SEC being overrated true. Simply look at the on-the-field results in bowl games and everywhere else.
I'm still not convened that OU was the best team in 2000. They may have beaten FSU to finish 13-0 but they didn't play Miami (who beat FSU earlier and then got robbed in the BCS) who along with all that 2001 talent had Reggie Wayne, Santana Moss, and Dan Morgan. Anyways I'm going to be pulling hard for OU this year because I'd love a rematch.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
The while not having enough homegrown players is a total myth. Look at the barn most of their roster is from Georgia. When Tubs was the HC they also recruited a lot from Florida. OU recruits heavy in Texas IE Adrian Peterson.

Not to be a gump about it, but get Earle talking on this.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
I can't believe that some of y'all actually think that the player's knowledge (or lack of) of the history of Alabama football is really some sort of an excuse for such an uninspired effort in the SB.

Our history should not have been even the slightest factor in that loss. Personal pride should have been all that was needed, and please spare me any hokum about the IB loss killing their spirit, their will to win or anything of the sort. They were facing a quality opponent in a BCS bowl on national TV and representing their school, their conference and most importantly, THEMSELVES. History and tradition aside, it's just gotta mean more than that, competitors don't just go through the motions in such situations. They COMPETE!

It's hard for me to accept that some Bama fans are so willing to casually accept it as no big deal. I'm just used to Bama football being held to a higher standard.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I can't believe that some of y'all actually think that the player's knowledge (or lack of) of the history of Alabama football is really some sort of an excuse for such an uninspired effort in the SB.

Our history should not have been even the slightest factor in that loss. Personal pride should have been all that was needed, and please spare me any hokum about the IB loss killing their spirit, their will to win or anything of the sort. They were facing a quality opponent in a BCS bowl on national TV and representing their school, their conference and most importantly, THEMSELVES. History and tradition aside, it's just gotta mean more than that, competitors don't just go through the motions in such situations. They COMPETE!

It's hard for me to accept that some Bama fans are so willing to casually accept it as no big deal. I'm just used to Bama football being held to a higher standard.
Acceptance is the final stage of grief

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Tommy, it's more a reflection of changes in college football, not in our program. To a team like ours, only 1 bowl game matters and we were 38 seconds from getting there and making history. Thus, the Sugar Bowl was an enormous letdown.

When we were younger, a big-time bowl trip meant so much more. But even then, look at how we played during the 1973 Cotton Bowl against an undermanned Texas team after another inexplicable loss to Auburn.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Well, let's look at some of your very own posts in this thread:

Should never happen against an elite program like OU.
I certainly didn't disrespect them, I referred to them as an "elite" program, thus the reason for being unhappy about our effort against them. Alabama didn't build it's storied reputation in CFB by going through the motions against other CFB giants.
Some of y;all seem too willing to just chalk it up as being just one of those things. That baffles me.

This may not have been a great OU team, but don't BS yourselves, they have athletes and should NEVER be taken lightly. Especially under the circumstances......BCS bowl, night game on national TV between two premier programs representing two premier conferences. Heck, if nothing else, repping the SEC in a bowl matchup should have been a huge factor.

There has been much written and said about the pride of wearing that Crimson jersey. Iguess that is what bothers me the most, We can't ever afford to lose that pride.
Now, let's look at what I and others have posted about the history of the game for today's players.

Other than being a "historic" team, Oklahoma posed no threat to Alabama. Their offense was anemic all season. They ran an offense in the Sugar Bowl they had not run all season. Thus, Alabama's defense was stunned in the first half. Kirby and Saban adjusted at half time, but Alabama's offense still had issues.

Some want to say the players need to know what it means to other teams to beat Alabama. I'm not sure how accurate that is because it's more important to the fans than the players. If that is the case though, Saban needs to do a better job teaching the players the importance. That is a point Jess tried to make after the season.

College football has changed, it is no longer just a game for students, alumni and fans it is a business modeled on the NFL. A

I have given some more thought to this and, IMO, it is the "new college football" not what a lot of us grew up with. Now that is not necessarily good or bad, but it is totally different.

Next to us and Notre Dame, Oklahoma has the richest tradition in all of college football.

If you can't get motivated to play against that, there's a problem.
That world doesn't exist anymore.

One of the things I hate about big time recruiting is that many of our players simply don't "get" what it means to play for Alabama. The fact that they live in an academic bubble makes it worse. The fact that our coaching staff treats everything in a business-like, process-oriented manner compounds it. The fact that we recruit on a national basis and our player interaction is limited as it concerns UA legends and some of these guys never walk through the Bryant Museum after their OV is over.... I can't argue with the results, but i have to point to this when we can't approach an Auburn game with a visceral hatred and we don't show up for bowl games that will enhance our legacy as the dominant program in college football history, eastern media bias be damned.

And I predict a growing frustration on the part of old-school fans at Alabama and every other school that continutes to see players shuffle through in this manner.

Excellent post you stated what I have been unable to articulate. As I mentioned earlier, Alabama in particular and other big time programs have been converted to an NFL model, devoid of passion and emotion. This is not all bad until you run into a team that you simply cannot out man and plays with passion and fire for a full 60 minutes. As you said you cannot argue with the results of the past 7 years, but the wealth of talent and coaching is being spread around more than in the past and sometimes the difference can hinge on players playing with emotion and refusing to quit even if they are considered inferior. In today's college football game a team's attitude and passion are easily overlooked because those characteristics aren't held in esteem in the NFL.

At the risk of sounding like snark, I'm not saying anything hasn't been said by Jess, Earle or a dozen other insiders. We've played Auburn seven times now, and we've not been emotionally prepared for that game at least three, maybe four, times. Our players routinely admit that they knew nothing of the rivalry walking into the game, and frankly, they've yet to play to the contrary. Three of the times we've beaten Auburn, they were a worthless team. Once we beat them based on depth and strength, while we were outplayed and outcoached for much of the game.

If our guys play that way against Auburn, why on earth should we expect that they'll play any different against Oklahoma?

Two points of reference:

1. This topic was heavy on Birmingham radio after the IB debacle, and Barrett Jones was asked about interaction with older Bama greats. He said it happened a little, but not a lot and when the chips were down, you cared more about your teammates than about the school.
2. Jay Barker - and I'm no huge fan of his - did an interview with Roll Bama Roll around the same time. He said that CGS had them spend a lot of time at the Bryant Museum and talking with former players about what it means to wear that crimson jersey. Coach Saban brings in Kevin Elko. So whatever our guys play for, it ain't the long term history of the program.

Look, I'm grateful for all the players you mentioned and they certainly played hard, but frankly, I'm not sure I've got any reason to think that most of those players cared about playing for Alabama as a concept. I'm thankful for them and I hope they dominate the NFL, but I think for many of them, this was three or four years of training for the NFL - not much more, not much less. It probably varies from player to player, but it is what it is... and until we have more players who get what it means to play for the Crimson Tide, we're going to lose games we shouldn't to Auburn and in bowl games.

Reading about the "glory days" of Oklahoma, Notre Dame, etc..... is a whole lot different than actually watching the games on TV or attending the games. These kids grew up watching Spurrier's, Bowden's, Saban's, and Carroll's teams. Heck, at 18 they don't even remember the "fun-n-gun" that much!

It might not hurt for them to hear from John Hannah, Biscuit, Jay Barker, and others. Hearing from those guys might help the players from other parts of the country understand the importance of the Crimson jersey.

Heck, AJ admitted this year he didn't care about the Iron Bowl when he was younger because he was a Miami fan. He grew up in the state and didn't care about the rivalry. Why should a guy from Missouri care about the rivalry if the in-state QB didn't?

I agree entirely - my point is that fewer and fewer players appreciate current rivalaries, and the real problem is that our coaches aren't buying in to it, either.

I appreciate the stats above, but none of those rivalries holds a candle the Iron Bowl.

Not what he means. The guys that just signed their LOI were born when Shaun Alexander was on campus. Those guys remember USC, Florida, Alabama and LSU winning championships. Many haven't heard of Jay Barker, Copeland, Curry or Teague.

That's where our coaches can do more. Show these guys, especially those from all over the country, what the Crimson jersey means.

Have you heard our players - or any player on any team other than maybe Notre Dame - talk? You can refuse to accept it all you want, but it's reality.

That is what I have been trying to say all along. This is not the college football most of us grew up with and it will never be what it was. You have to accept that those days are gone forever and realize that the typical fan and newest hot recruit have no college football memory prior to the mid 90's.

So I do like the idea of using our former greats as a resource to remind the players AND CNS about the Auburn rivalry and how much it OUGHT to mean. Surely CNS knows how important it is to win this game in terms of where it falls on the schedule but I'd like for him to have a better understanding of just how important winnning that game is for US too. Perhaps I'm "judging" CNS and perhaps he has a better understanding of the rivalry than we think, but, the "fruits" we judge doesn't seem to suggests the players are being taught to hate all things having to do with the Barn like we wish they would.

And I'll throw this out there too. IF (that's a big if), UT ever gets its act together again, we'll need that generation of players to learn to hate them too.

I just believe that the coaches and athletes in today's game do not enjoy nor emphasize the history of Alabama football.
None of us are excusing the loss. None of us were happy with the loss. We're just trying to give possible explanation to a point you yourself brought up in your own posts. Today's players don't understand what the jersey represents.

You say we can't lose the pride of wearing the crimson jersey. The only disagreement between you and others is the reason for the lost of it. We're trying to point out our players do not arrive on campus knowing what the Denny in Bryant-Denny Stadium means. They don't know John Hannah. They don't know Don Hudson. The players can learn about the pride we all have as Alabama fans by going on a day long tour of the Bryant Museum and talking to former players to learn what it meant.

We care more about the pride because many of us grew up in the state, attended the university or have been Alabama fans since momma and daddy met. Many of today's players are coming to Alabama because Nick Saban is the best coach in the nation, the facilities are magnificent, and their position coach is one of the best.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Now that you have summarized it so succinctly, can't really argue with it.

But someone needs to 'splain to the players how API thinks. They can not dismiss them the way we, as fans, do.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Now that you have summarized it so succinctly, can't really argue with it.

But someone needs to 'splain to the players how API thinks. They can not dismiss them the way we, as fans, do.
I don't think they did. Anybody who has played or seriously watches any kind of sports knows that you lose sometimes. A loss to Auburn may be considered an aberration on this board, but historically it happens, a lot: 42-35-1. That's us winning 54 percent of the games; Auburn 45 percent. (Nick Saban: 57 percent; Auburn, 43 percent.)

Those numbers cover a lot of years when players primarily came from the same state, same towns, same high schools, churches and delivery rooms. In my opinion, that makes it hard to make a case that a sudden lack of appreciation for the red jersey, an accusation first hurled by Vol linebacker Steve Kiner in 1970, explains the losses to Auburn or OU. Blame it on probation, Bill Curry, bad calls or worse luck, but sometimes, they're going to win. They just do.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I don't think they did. Anybody who has played or seriously watches any kind of sports knows that you lose sometimes. A loss to Auburn may be considered an aberration on this board, but historically it happens, a lot: 42-35-1. That's us winning 54 percent of the games; Auburn 45 percent. (Nick Saban: 57 percent; Auburn, 43 percent.)

Those numbers cover a lot of years when players primarily came from the same state, same towns, same high schools, churches and delivery rooms. In my opinion, that makes it hard to make a case that a sudden lack of appreciation for the red jersey, an accusation first hurled by Vol linebacker Steve Kiner in 1970, explains the losses to Auburn or OU. Blame it on probation, Bill Curry, bad calls or worse luck, but sometimes, they're going to win. They just do.
No one disputes this. What can also not be disputed is the fact that we have played AU seven times under Nick Saban and have dominated them three times. Those three Auburn teams were absolutel disasters by the end of the season. The other four games - 1 win, 3 losses - we looked awful for most, if not all, of the game. That can't be chalked up to "sometimes you just lose." That dog hunts when you talk about the loss to UGA in 07, the loss to South Carolina in 2010 and I'll even give the losses to LSU in 2010 and 2011 and TAMU in 2012.

But against Auburn?

Hell no.

Last edited:

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Sorry, Prof, but we may have played our best half of football in decades against a great Auburn team in 2010. Nor did we look awful while we were pulling ourselves out of 14-0 hole, on the road, against a more than solid Auburn team in 2009. The 2007 game doesn't help your argument either because, frankly, we stunk and were not favored to beat AU at Auburn by anyone.

That leaves last year. We should have won. Big. We made more mistakes in one game than we did the entire season. But how does that prove we took them lightly? It's just as possible we were strung tighter than a banjo. And it wasn't as if we were playing a hyphen school. Auburn was good enough to get within 15 seconds of a national championship. Many of us maligned them all year, just as we did in 2010, but they were very good, playing at home, running on underdog adrenaline.

I want to beat Auburn every year, but history tells us they'll win more than four times a decade. It doesn't tell us that something has suddenly gone wrong with our priorities. A great rivalry takes two teams.

No one disputes this. What can also not be disputed is the fact that we have played AU seven times under Nick Saban and have dominated them three times. Those three Auburn teams were absolutel disasters by the end of the season. The other four games - 1 win, 3 losses - we looked awful for most, if not all, of the game. That can't be chalked up to "sometimes you just lose." That dog hunts when you talk about the loss to UGA in 07, the loss to South Carolina in 2010 and I'll even give the losses to LSU in 2010 and 2011 and TAMU in 2012.

But against Auburn?

Hell no.

Last edited:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
IMO the further you are removed from the past, the less it means to folks who did not live through that era. As RTR91 said, most all of our players are at Alabama to play for CNS, hopefully to carry their careers to the NFL, and enjoy the lavish facilities offered by our program. While I am sure most of our players have heard of CPB, he is from a distant era and not their reason for being on scholarship in Tuscaloosa. This in no way diminishes CPB's accomplishments or the mark he made on the history of college football and the University of Alabama, but it does not resonate with those who were not alive when he was our coach.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Sorry, Prof, but we may have played our best half of football in decades against a great Auburn team in 2010. Nor did we look awful while we were pulling ourselves out of 14-0 hole, on the road, against a more than solid Auburn team in 2009. The 2007 game doesn't help your argument either because, frankly, we stunk and were not favored to beat AU at Auburn by anyone.

That leaves last year. We should have won. Big. We made more mistakes in one game than we did the entire season. But how does that prove we took them lightly? It's just as possible we were strung tighter than a banjo. And it wasn't as if we were playing a hyphen school. Auburn was good enough to get within 15 seconds of a national championship. Many of us maligned them all year, just as we did in 2010, but they were very good, playing at home, running on underdog adrenaline.

I want to beat Auburn every year, but history tells us they'll win more than four times a decade. It doesn't tell us that something has suddenly gone wrong with our priorities. A great rivalry takes two teams.
Going to repost what I posted in the thread about Jess' post-Iron Bowl article. Look at the tendencies in the games against Auburn. Alabama won some of the tight games and lost others. The common theme in the Iron Bowls against decent Auburn teams -- Alabama failed to finish drives.

My boss always talks about Auburn being an emotional team. He talks about how they run on emotion; shut them up, and they quit.

Alabama had several opportunities to shut Auburn up.

First drive of the game: missed field goal after TJ took the opening hand off for a big gain.

Bama gets the ball at its own one yard line, goes 83 yards, and misses a field goal.

The defense held Auburn after the 99 yard bomb to Coop and got the ball back for the offense. What happened next? Bama got stoned on 4th and 1. Think Auburn would have been in the game if Bama scores? Fans would have left the stadium knowing the game was over.

Auburn takes over but does nothing. Bama gets the ball back. After running the ball and getting negative two yards, Cade has his kick blocked. Like the previous Alabama drive, Auburn was not taken out of the game. Rather, they got more emotional and excited.

The rest is history.

Jess' point in his post nails the four drives I mentioned above. Alabama didn't finish the drives. Alabama didn't take Auburn out of the game.

The same happened in 2009. Alabama missed one field goal and turned the ball over on downs after withstanding Auburn's emotional run early.

In 2010, Alabama goes up 21-0. On the next drive, Ingram has ball knocked out of his arms and go 20 yards into the endzone. Auburn has to punt on the following drive. Alabama goes 48 yards to the Auburn 2 before kicking a field goal. Auburn responds with a touchdown drive to cut the lead to 24-7. Alabama responds with a drive going all the way to the Auburn 8 yard line before Greg McElroy gets sacked and fumbles the ball.

Jess' overall point holds true - Alabama didn't finish drives in 2009, 2010 or 2013. In two of those seasons, Auburn made Alabama pay for it. Against Auburn, Alabama needs to put them away early. Gus said last week "If the score is close going into the fourth, I feel good." Why? Because Alabama wouldn't have killed their emotions and hope.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I haven't read all the posts here. I'll just say that Oklahoma beat us because they kicked our butt. They were more ready to play and wanted the game worse than we did, much like Utah in 08. Emotion, is huge in the game of football. They had it, we didn't. I think that was so obvious, and saw it unfolding as the game unfolded.
Coach Saban is the best coach in college football, but he's not the best in getting a team up after they've come, "this close".
2010 was different. We didn't have a national championship chance and we knew it. So the Bowl Game was a chance to make a statement, which we did against Michigan State.
When we lose a chance to win the national title in our final game of the season, we just haven't been able to show up for the next or consolation game. It's understandable, to say the least. To Oklahoma, this was a "statement game". To us, it was a "why are we even playing" game.
I really think it's that simple.
But that's gone, and the only way we can go is forward--so that's the direction we should take.
sip

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.