6'8 PF Rasheed Worrell a Possibility as a Late Addition to the 2014 Class

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Cary Clark of BamaMag tweeted the other day that Rasheed Worrell is a possibility for this class if things go a particular way. Right now, Worrell has a signed LOI to App State but is expected to be released by the school since the coach was fired.

Someone asked Cary if he would sign with Bama. His response:

If they miss on Garrett or Davis, very possible. Would take him over Lang.
Rasheed Worrell's profile

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Not a big fan of him. Limited outside shooting range and has decent footwork. He could be a role player on a big school level.. But better fit for Alabama a and m style.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Not a big fan of him. Limited outside shooting range and has decent footwork. He could be a role player on a big school level.. But better fit for Alabama a and m style.

What film have you watched on him? Here's his junior season tape.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Same thing I saw and I still stand by what I said...he has long way to improve...and remember this is high school film... The things he did he probably wouldn't do in Alabama system. I'm not sold on him. Well have to see if he signs with Alabama and hopefully hell prove me wrong

pchil86

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2014
He reminds me a lot of jamychal green in this video....however I do understand the talent level he is facing is not very good....honestly I'll take a big with athletic ability no matter the skill set at this point...it's late in the recruiting stages and we need a big so I'll take anybody as long as they are not Carl engstrom slow and can rebound and block shots

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
He looks pretty athletic.

He got a rebound and dribbled the length of the floor and dunked on the other end. Pretty good for a big guy...no matter the competition.

Watching the final four and I'm reminded just how "unathletic" our bigs have been recently.

pchil86

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2014

He got a rebound and dribbled the length of the floor and dunked on the other end. Pretty good for a big guy...no matter the competition.

Watching the final four and I'm reminded just how "unathletic" our bigs have been recently.
Completely agree.....we haven't had an athletic big since jamychal green....nick, moussa, and carl have not been the type of big we need....Jimmie is coming along, the jury is still out on the transfer michael kessens but we need at least one athletic big for the incoming class

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

an
Thank you.

Who thinks Eng, Gueye, or anyone else 6'8" or more we've had on the roster could dribble the length of the court even if WIDE OPEN? If he can get a rebound, score in the paint occasionally , play a little defense and maybe have the potential hit a free throw . .
I WANT HIM ON OUR TEAM.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
To me this reminds me of the big buy Grant had at VCU. Kind of undersized yet a good shot blocker that can move. I'll welcome an aggressive kid at 6'9" or higher.

pchil86

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2014
For some reason, he reminds me of Devonta Pollard.
I wish we could get devonta back...that kid had tons of potential....I watched some of his highlights from this past season at community college and he looks much improved....he's even bigger than he was at Alabama that first year

pchil86

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2014
Jon horford, al horford's brother, just announced he will transfer from Michigan and he will be eligible immediately....not sure if he's interested but we did recruit him out of high school

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Rasheed recently did a Q&A on an Alabama message board. A few comments that go with what some folks seemed to worry about:

When asked if he's more of an inside or outside player:

What's not on my highlights is that I've developed an outside game from the mid range and still extending. I enjoy the face up game
When asked about time table on his decision:

no time table just making the best decision with the based on who wants, needs, and fits me the most
When asked about his rebounding:

yes i averaged 12 this year and i have a game high of 22 sophomore year which ive tied many times
His biggest weakness and strength going into college:

my strength. im with Andy Weigol three times a week working on it but thats my biggest issue going into college. my strength would be versatility and skill at my position
Height and weight:

When asked if he ever played against Jimmy Taylor:

4 times and i broke my scoring record in a game twice against him. he brought out my best every game

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.