"Sorry my repeated check-ins at the gym remind you how lazy you are."

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Decided I'd had enough of this couple after logging into facebook this morning to yet ANOTHER meme of this nature.

I'm all for staying in shape. I go to the gym three times a week (try to make it four when I can), have converted to eating mainly whole foods and sincerely have made an effort to better myself. But both my wife and I work, have four kids who are actively involved in activities and we simply can't be (and don't want to be) married to the gym and obsess over every little thing that goes into our bodies.

Yet this couple who we knew from our old neighborhood (which we moved from a year ago) lives, breathes, and sleeps fitness. Which is great......for them. It is great they are able to spend umpteen hours per week biking, running, working out twice a day and eating specialized meals from the health store that cost two to three times what the regular grocery cost. But that isn't enough. They have to let the world know every time they eat a gluton-free, organically grown, protein enhanced specialized meal after an afternoon of "training". But even then that isn't enough. They most certainly then have to let the world know that those who aren't doing the same are "lazy" and unproductive slobs. I normally have long patience on FB with folks with different opinions and passions. Heck, I've got gays, atheists and a more than a handful of far left wing libs who I freely read their stuff, agree to disagree with and move on. But for the most part they aren't obsessed about cramming their beliefs down your throat. But when it gets to the point where 90% of someone's time on FB is basically telling me that if I don't do what they do I'm a lazy unproductive slob I'm done.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Decided I'd had enough of this couple after logging into facebook this morning to yet ANOTHER meme of this nature.

I'm all for staying in shape. I go to the gym three times a week (try to make it four when I can), have converted to eating mainly whole foods and sincerely have made an effort to better myself. But both my wife and I work, have four kids who are actively involved in activities and we simply can't be (and don't want to be) married to the gym and obsess over every little thing that goes into our bodies.

Yet this couple who we knew from our old neighborhood (which we moved from a year ago) lives, breathes, and sleeps fitness. Which is great......for them. It is great they are able to spend umpteen hours per week biking, running, working out twice a day and eating specialized meals from the health store that cost two to three times what the regular grocery cost. But that isn't enough. They have to let the world know every time they eat a gluton-free, organically grown, protein enhanced specialized meal after an afternoon of "training". But even then that isn't enough. They most certainly then have to let the world know that those who aren't doing the same are "lazy" and unproductive slobs. I normally have long patience on FB with folks with different opinions and passions. Heck, I've got gays, atheists and a more than a handful of far left wing libs who I freely read their stuff, agree to disagree with and move on. But for the most part they aren't obsessed about cramming their beliefs down your throat. But when it gets to the point where 90% of someone's time on FB is basically telling me that if I don't do what they do I'm a lazy unproductive slob I'm done.
Those fanatics will probably CROAK long before you do.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
So did you make a comment back to them or just defriend them? Reading your rant to us just isn't any fun if all that you did is defriend them. If you commented, please supply the resulting napalm carnage that is sure to result.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
So did you make a comment back to them or just defriend them? Reading your rant to us just isn't any fun if all that you did is defriend them. If you commented, please supply the resulting napalm carnage that is sure to result.
Sorry, no drama like that. Mainly because my wife didn't unfriend them and she said she'd kill me if I posted anything.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Sorry, no drama like that. Mainly because my wife didn't unfriend them and she said she'd kill me if I posted anything.
So the cliff notes version is that you're venting/ranting to us because you're too afraid of your wife to do anything about it. Got it :)

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
I just don't get why anyone would care. I don't have a facebook account; I have no interest in other peoples' drama.

Unfriend or ignore. The end.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Those fanatics will probably CROAK long before you do.
There should be a Nelson meme that says, "Ha-ha. It's funny because it's true."

Moderation in all things. Eat fruits and veggies. But, also eat a little meat. Drink wine, but not too much. Eat some Omega 3-fats, but not a ton. Go for a 20 or 30 minute jog several times a week. Don't do 20 miles/day. Do some push ups. Don't spend an hour doing lifts every day. Work hard, but don't work 100 hours/week. Let your kids play sports, but don't let them play everything - and don't let them play organized sports every single day. Spend time with your family. But also spend some time away from them.

I could go on. Any "lifestyle" that focuses on "if a little is good, more is better!" is probably going to kill you.

swoop10

Hall of Fame
Feb 10, 2001
Valdosta, GA
I decided to rename my John (toilet) and start calling it Jim, so every morning I could say I was headed to the Jim. It just sounds better. ;)

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA
I will say that once on facebook, I did a sarcastic daily workout update for about two weeks. It was always random collections of various machines and routines (e.g., 0 sets or 0 reps of deadlifts@315lbs; 0:00 on the elliptical). I got a lot of support from the like-minded, and a number of the gymrats disappeared from my feed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.