Link: Report: Alabama athletic revenues higher than all 30 NHL teams, most NBA teams

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
Forget finance, let's put our marketing hats on. How much lower would gross revenue be if it was a sport of paid players? I think a lot less. The question everyone needs to be asking is, Would we still be packing stadia in 10 years if it was semi-pro football?

I think not, which is why I'll bet the NFL would LOVE to see college players get paid. A lot of borderline CFB fans would become pure NFL fans.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
What is about to happen:

1. Players Union.
2. Divisional Realignment to the NCAA divisions with a "Super Conference" division created above the current Divisions.
3. Player Stipends.
4. Eight team Play-off based on Conference Champions and Wild-Cards.
5. White Helmets? :biggrin2:

2 - 3 years.
5. I lose what little interest I have remaining in college football. My interest level has been declining for a few years now so it isn't going to take much more "change" for me to lose it altogether.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
What is about to happen:

1. Players Union.
2. Divisional Realignment to the NCAA divisions with a "Super Conference" division created above the current Divisions.
3. Player Stipends.
4. Eight team Play-off based on Conference Champions and Wild-Cards.
5. White Helmets? :biggrin2:

2 - 3 years.
Honestly I predict #5 within the next 1-2 years. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.