Sep 4, 2003
They are tearing it UP!!

14-1 SEC, 35-5 Overall, 9 game winning streak

Just swept Arkansas to boot :)

BamaDynasty

Scout Team
May 9, 2003
Smyrna,GA,USA
"The Sheriff" Coach Pat Murphy has things rolling. A real treat to get to watch two of the games last weekend on ESPNU. I'll be travelling to the Rhoads House for the UGA series. First trip and very excited.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Sadly you're right. The lady Tide just beat UAB last night by a score of 4-3 and are now ranked #2 in the nation. Yet no one bothers to mention them. It's sad; no, it's embarrassing that one of the most successful sports programs at UA gets little to no mention here.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
I've brought this up before on here. It's ludicrous that these young ladies get no love on this board. Our sucky b-ball team gets more exposure on here.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
The ladies are good but # 2 in the country should not lose a series to a team that only had 4 wins in the sec coming in to the weekend. On the road or not. I watched the game today and they flat gave the game away. Really good teams put teams like State away and not only did we not do that we left them with the impression they are better than us are they? So I have to question our rating I am not sure if we should have been ranked that high but of course when the polls come out we will likely be closer to where we should be.

BamaDynasty

Scout Team
May 9, 2003
Smyrna,GA,USA
Disappointing weekend but every squad is going to have a couple of bad games in league play. That said, UT and FLA are playing well and the battle for the number one seed in the league tourney will be tight. With single elimination, the SEC SB tourney really should consider going like the BB tourney and allow for a loss.

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN
Great job taking 2 of 3 from GA. Clinched at least a share of SEC title with 2 teams losing Saturday. Big series at Mizzou this weekend as we have a 3 game lead over the pack. My only worry going forward is our pitching after Jackie. I think we are fine thru regionals but I think we are going to have to rely on Jackie the rest of the way thru the WCWS

BamaDynasty

Scout Team
May 9, 2003
Smyrna,GA,USA
Indeed- a great weekend at The Rhoads House. UGA is always tough for us. Mizzou is having a very good year but I expect us to take 2 of 3. I like how Jess Mendoza and ESPNU broke it down on the J Train. Last year, she was physically tired, mentally tired and battled forearm pains. This year, she seems like the Soph. version that led us to the National Title. THAT SAID- I'd love to see another P step up and be able to win a big one when needed. With the SEC tourney, Regionals, and WCWS all in the next 5-6 weeks, she's going to need a little rest here and there. I think in 2008-2011 we relied a bit too much on Kelsi Dunne and it bit us as we fell JUST short of titles. BUT- knowing Traina she'll certainly give all she's got to try and go out with another NCAA title. Exciting times AGAIN for Bama SB.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
our ladies softball team won the sec. like some have stated including myself earlier in the year, there is very little love from fans on this board for one of the winniest sports teams at bama men or womens. womens softball is very competitive and fun to watch. looking forward to the regionals.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
our ladies softball team won the sec. like some have stated including myself earlier in the year, there is very little love from fans on this board for one of the winniest sports teams at bama men or womens. womens softball is very competitive and fun to watch. looking forward to the regionals.
Yes, they have won the regular season, and in doing so, will enter the SEC tourney as the #1 seed. The tourney, which will be held in Columbia SC, starts on Wednesday May 7.
The Crimson Tide’s first game will be on Thursday, May 8 at 5:30 p.m. CT and they will face the winner of Wednesday’s matchup between tournament host South Carolina and Auburn. The winner of Alabama’s game will go on to face either Florida or Georgia in the semifinals on Friday, May 9 at 4:30 p.m. CT. The Tournament Championship will be on Saturday, May 10 at 7 p.m. CT.
http://www.rolltide.com/sports/w-softbl/spec-rel/050414aaa.html

BamaDynasty

Scout Team
May 9, 2003
Smyrna,GA,USA
I love that our second starter is 10-1. Going to be key for her to pick up a win here or there when we need to give the J Train a day off. With a single elimination tourney like the SEC, always tough to win it. Tennessee and Fla (and even Ole Mizzou) will be our top challenges I think. So glad "The Sheriff" Pat Murphy came his senses in 2011 and came back to Title Town.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I love that our second starter is 10-1. Going to be key for her to pick up a win here or there when we need to give the J Train a day off. With a single elimination tourney like the SEC, always tough to win it. Tennessee and Fla (and even Ole Mizzou) will be our top challenges I think. So glad "The Sheriff" Pat Murphy came his senses in 2011 and came back to Title Town.
So glad that UofA came to thier senses and decided to pay him for his superior performance...
:)

BamaDynasty

Scout Team
May 9, 2003
Smyrna,GA,USA
Sydney Littlejohn and Leslie Jury- as pitchers we can rely on to give the J Train a break, I think Coach Murphy's game management of the pitching staff is truly the key to how far we go. SEC tourney, Regionals, Super Regionals, OKC WS- that's a lot on one arm.

I hope we let the other two young ladies do some heavy lifting as well.

Agreed on keeping Murph- best in the business and worth every penny. The growth of softball over the last decade is phenomenal. Just as hard to win a Natty in SB as about any other sport. Especially with the teams west of the MS River who had a 20-25 year "headstart" on building programs and tradition.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.