Mizzou dismises DGB from progam

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Re: Mizzou suspends DGB

If he had been actually charged (other than trespassing) in his earlier run-ins with the law maybe it would have woke him up. But to continually be given a free slide, apparently did nothing to dissuade him.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio

Glad to see someone do the right thing. The young man had his chances and blew them, hopefully, he will get his life straightened out...real soon.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Dismissed? For weed? Sounds ridiculous to me. Hopefully there's more to it than that.
He wasn't dismissed for weed. Columbia PD investigated him for forcing his way into an apartment. The girl wouldn't press charges, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

I'll make two points on DGB:

(1) I'll be the first to admit that he has generational-type talent, but for all of the hype he hasn't actually produced much of anything. His true freshmen year was nothing of note, and while he compiled some impressive-looking counting stats last year, he basically racked up a lot of catches, yards, and touchdowns against bad defenses, and was mainly a non-factor against better opponents. You get a lot more sizzle than steak with him.

(2) He'd never last a full year in Tuscaloosa. Kids who sign with us and who go on to do this type of stuff are usually one-semester-and-done under Saban.
I agree with you on point 1. As for point 2 lately it's become apparent that if you are talented enough you will get 5-8 2nd chances with us. He would still be on our team but just in the dreaded 'doghouse'.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

I agree with you on point 1. As for point 2 lately it's become apparent that if you are talented enough you will get 5-8 2nd chances with us. He would still be on our team but just in the dreaded 'doghouse'.
Care to cite an example of that? All of these kids getting 5-8 chances have somehow escaped my attention.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

Care to cite an example of that? All of these kids getting 5-8 chances have somehow escaped my attention.
They aren't public knowledge and I'm not going to throw them under the bus. There have been many people who are 'in the know' here who have lightly touched upon the issue. If you pay close enough attention you see it referenced from time to time...especially around those times we lose a few games and people feel a little more comfortable questioning CNS's methods and alluding to the fact his process is not quite perfect. When we are rolling everyone stays quite about issues like these.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

Agree 100%. Would not be shocked if we went after DBG. Especially with Cooper, White, Jones and possibly Black all gone after the season.

WsN

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 15, 2013

Agree 100%. Would not be shocked if we went after DBG. Especially with Cooper, White, Jones and possibly Black all gone after the season.
I seriously doubt that CNS go after DGB. CNS relationship with Mizzo coach IMO will prevent this from happening.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

They aren't public knowledge and I'm not going to throw them under the bus. There have been many people who are 'in the know' here who have lightly touched upon the issue. If you pay close enough attention you see it referenced from time to time...especially around those times we lose a few games and people feel a little more comfortable questioning CNS's methods and alluding to the fact his process is not quite perfect. When we are rolling everyone stays quite about issues like these.
You are throwing the program under the bus unless you have specific's you can share that's first hand knowledge.

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

This is "news" to me and I pay pretty close attention.

Sure, we'll always have a few players a year get in trouble doing something they shouldn't do, as we've seen recently, but you make it sound like CNS is running a failing rehab center in T-town.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

He wasn't dismissed for weed. Columbia PD investigated him for forcing his way into an apartment. The girl wouldn't press charges, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CBSSports show last nite said he had pushed a women down some stairs and his girlfriend had marks around her neck where he had tried to choke her. This in addition to the burglary and weed incidents. Said he was spiraling out of control. Coach Pinkel's statement said he hoped DGB got the counseling he needed

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK

I don't want to hijack the thread or take 1 kids specific issues and use them to paint a broad picture of all athletes.....but.....if you know an elementary or middle school teacher go ask them about the state of todays average kids and the level of parental guidance they are receiving these days. It's not surprising to see young men like this making not just poor decisions, but ridiculously poor ones. Destructively poor ones.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

I seriously doubt that CNS go after DGB. CNS relationship with Mizzo coach IMO will prevent this from happening.
It is all about winning... We took a shot on Duron Carter and the need for a big time play maker would make DBG worth a shot. He is a Julio Jones type game changer.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Here's a ESPN article that has a video on it talking about DGB's dismissal off the team..I have a ton of respect for Coach Pinkel for putting the betterment of his entire team, over that of a important starter on the team, it shows that he doesn't pander to these kids & puts the entire team over one entitled player..I wish ever other HC in college football would have Coach Pinkel's discipline mentality & have what's best to grow these kids into respected members of the community as the most important trait of his players..Instead of pushing those core values to the side, and keeps allowing these kids that keep getting into trouble, back on the team time & time again, it sends a strong message to the rest of his Boys & shows them that it's his way or the highway..I love it..And think college football would be better off if all coaches follows Coach Pinkels lead of integrity..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.