Mizzou dismises DGB from progam

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Re: Mizzou suspends DGB

It is all about winning... We took a shot on Duron Carter and the need for a big time play maker would make DBG worth a shot. He is a Julio Jones type game changer.
As long as he came in & follows Coach Saban's rules of his program, I have no problem given a kid another chance, cause we all make mistakes & need that 2nd chance to prove we can get our stuff straight..And become a better person from it..Maybe that's exactly needs to be what happens to Dillon Lee..A change of location from the folks he hangs out with..Might be what he needs to become a better person & helps him stay out of trouble & help him make it to the next level in the NFL..

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Here's a ESPN article that has a video on it talking about DGB's dismissal off the team..I have a ton of respect for Coach Pinkel for putting the betterment of his entire team, over that of a important starter on the team, it shows that he doesn't pander to these kids & puts the entire team over one entitled player..I wish ever other HC in college football would have Coach Pinkel's discipline mentality & have what's best to grow these kids into respected members of the community as the most important trait of his players..Instead of pushing those core values to the side, and keeps allowing these kids that keep getting into trouble, back on the team time & time again, it sends a strong message to the rest of his Boys & shows them that it's his way or the highway..I love it..And think college football would be better off if all coaches follows Coach Pinkels lead of integrity..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME
So, if all these 5 star players are getting paid like stated in another thread with an article at SBNation, why wouldn't this guy have leverage to say Coach P. ,you, can't kick me off the team because I'll go to the NCAA with what I've been paid to play at Missouri?

I like what Coach Pickel has done and the Crimson Tide doesn't need a cancer, if that's what he is, on the team.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

No, Look for him to transfer to Alabama state, Tennessee State ... He can still contribute at lower level and still get look at by NFL...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

So, if all these 5 star players are getting paid like stated in another thread with an article at SBNation, why wouldn't this guy have leverage to say Coach P. ,you, can't kick me off the team because I'll go to the NCAA with what I've been paid to play at Missouri?

I like what Coach Pickel has done and the Crimson Tide doesn't need a cancer, if that's what he is, on the team.
I haven't seen what you're talking about, so I have no idea, if it's good with Coach Saban..It's good with me..I'll trust whatever Coach Saban does when it comes to Bama Football..

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

He can play this year if he goes to an FCS school, so I'd look for him to land there. I think Saban would have a long chat with Pinkel if he considered bringing this guy here.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I don't want a guy like this playing for me in the fourth quarter of a championship game. The character kids are gonna beat him---they truly are.
He might be all that and a bucket of chicken talent wise, but there's more to it than that. Really is.
sip

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

It is all about winning... We took a shot on Duron Carter and the need for a big time play maker would make DBG worth a shot. He is a Julio Jones type game changer.
This kid is nowhere in the same league with Julio. Let's get that straight right now.
Julio is about the highest character guy to ever play football at UA. This guy is a self entitled thug.
He stinks to high heaven. I admire Pinkel for kicking his butt off the team.
sip

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't want a guy like this playing for me in the fourth quarter of a championship game. The character kids are gonna beat him---they truly are.
He might be all that and a bucket of chicken talent wise, but there's more to it than that. Really is.
sip
Rolando McClain says "hi."

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al

Duron's trouble was not going to class not getting arrested three different times. Not exactly the same.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I understand what y'all are saying about not wanting DGB on our team should he or any other Player that's been kicked off his team & wants to start over with a fresh start at Bama..I'd be good with it either way & would support Coach Saban & how sees fit to run our Football Program..I honestly think players like DGB & Dillon Lee who have gotten in trouble with the law on multiple occasions, needs to gets away from the friends he hangs out with around campus, and needs a fresh start at another school & location of the folks he hangs with..I would have those players on such a short leash, they would be off the team, should he look funny at our coaches, if he breaks wind during a team meeting..LOL..If Coach Saban allowed DGB to come to transfer to Bama, I would be good with it, and should he decides DGB wasn't worth the trouble & thought he could disrupt the team chemistry, and didn't allow him to transfer to Bama..I would support that as well..And I honestly think Dillon Lee should be dismissed off the team & helped to transfer to another school..So he could get a fresh start & get far away from the folks he hangs with away from the football program..

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC

I understand what y'all are saying about not wanting DGB on our team should he or any other Player that's been kicked off his team & wants to start over with a fresh start at Bama..I'd be good with it either way & would support Coach Saban & how sees fit to run our Football Program..I honestly think players like DGB & Dillon Lee who have gotten in trouble with the law on multiple occasions, needs to gets away from the friends he hangs out with around campus, and needs a fresh start at another school & location of the folks he hangs with..I would have those players on such a short leash, they would be off the team, should he look funny at our coaches, if he breaks wind during a team meeting..LOL..If Coach Saban allowed DGB to come to transfer to Bama, I would be good with it, and should he decides DGB wasn't worth the trouble & thought he could disrupt the team chemistry, and didn't allow him to transfer to Bama..I would support that as well..And I honestly think Dillon Lee should be dismissed off the team & helped to transfer to another school..So he could get a fresh start & get far away from the folks he hangs with away from the football program..
Maybe we could trade Dillon Lee for DGB?? In my opinion they are both gifted athletes with a tremendous upside. They both need a fresh start, and could possibly become a success story if given the right situation.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
sip
Jameis Winston? Cam Newton? Aaron Hernandez? Lawrence Taylor?

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I really don't care about that---I'm talking about Alabama, and I like the fact that we've won championships without a win at all cost philosophy. Maybe I'm just simply old fashioned, but I want kids who can stay out of trouble on our team.
Yes, they are going to mess up from time to time, but I'm talking about those kids like Green-Beckham, who just can't get it, no matter how many times they get in trouble.
It's NOT ALL about winning football games, and if we ever stoop to that point then I'll stop being a Bama fan.
That simple. sip

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
What about them? For these four names, there are 400 guys who have done it the right way.

I don't know why so many on here want to be argumentative about each little thing! DGB had several chances (in the public eye) and who knows how many chances privately - he had to go.

I do believe in second chances and if he came to Alabama I imagine he'd be thoroughly Saban-ized - if not, he wouldn't last at the Capstone, either.

The kid is a crazy talent, though, and like BamaJama said I predict he'll end up at an FCS school, play for a year, and go on to the NFL.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I really don't care about that---I'm talking about Alabama, and I like the fact that we've won championships without a win at all cost philosophy. Maybe I'm just simply old fashioned, but I want kids who can stay out of trouble on our team.
Yes, they are going to mess up from time to time, but I'm talking about those kids like Green-Beckham, who just can't get it, no matter how many times they get in trouble.
It's NOT ALL about winning football games, and if we ever stoop to that point then I'll stop being a Bama fan.
That simple. sip
I understand this train of thought. To a certain extent I even agree with it. But I also try to remember that the schools are not as important as the students. When we begin placing our love and pride for our schools ahead of the wellbeing of the students, we have strayed too far afield.

I know that I could never have lived up to some of the standards that many fans place on players. Social media and instant news make it impossible to get away with anything today. Make the smallest mistake and the world is reading about it before you get a chance to call your coach or parents. I believe that I am a solid representative of my school in spite of the stupidity of my youth. But I also hope that I would have learned from my mistakes after getting busted a time or two. T

here has to be a line somewhere, but it is hard enough to draw these kinds of lines when we really know the people. It is crazy to try to do so when it is someone who we only know through the media.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.