Mizzou dismises DGB from progam

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: Mizzou suspends DGB

I'm assuming the recent suspension would be his 3rd offense if I read the article correctly. Show some will power DGB and you will be a multi-millionaire.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio

Is it just me or does anyone else see a pattern with this young man and many others? :rolleyes:

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004

Pressure to succeed, pressure to perform, poor role models, idolization, kids make poor choices, addictive personalities. Mix, mash, stir, repeat. There, you have a good chunk of college athletes. It's been happening for over fifty years.

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999

I don't think he got much discipline growing up. I remember seeing an interview with him and/or his parents, talking about their reaction to a meeting with Nick Saban. I can't remember how it was phrased, exactly, but I got the distinct impression he didn't want to be coached by a hard-edged coach.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

I don't think he got much discipline growing up. I remember seeing an interview with him and/or his parents, talking about their reaction to a meeting with Nick Saban. I can't remember how it was phrased, exactly, but I got the distinct impression he didn't want to be coached by a hard-edged coach.

If I remember correctly, he was "adopted" by a family like the kid in "Blind Side". Very affluent and no real parenting going on.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

We probably dodged a bullet on DGB.
IMO: He would have wilted at Alabama. Resented being told what to do. How to do it.
Ego would have taken a hit sitting on the bench.

DBG is very talented, but until he accepts discipline and instructions willingly... :conf2:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

I'll make two points on DGB:

(1) I'll be the first to admit that he has generational-type talent, but for all of the hype he hasn't actually produced much of anything. His true freshmen year was nothing of note, and while he compiled some impressive-looking counting stats last year, he basically racked up a lot of catches, yards, and touchdowns against bad defenses, and was mainly a non-factor against better opponents. You get a lot more sizzle than steak with him.

(2) He'd never last a full year in Tuscaloosa. Kids who sign with us and who go on to do this type of stuff are usually one-semester-and-done under Saban.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.