Luv Obamacare? You can't buy insurance until the end of 2014 -- It's all Shut Down!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...nt-be-able-to-buy-health-insurance-until-end/

Title Should read until end of 2014 -- sorry.....

There is yet another ObamaCare surprise waiting for consumers: from now until the next open enrollment at the end of this year, most people will simply not be able to buy any health insurance at all, even outside the exchanges.

"It's all closed down. You cannot buy a policy that is a qualified policy for the purpose of the ACA (the Affordable Care Act) until next year on January 1," says John DiVito, president of Flexbenefit which has 2,500 brokers.
How the libs can still defend this is freaking insane........

“In all likelihood," says Laszewski, "we've only signed up somewhere between one in five and one in seven people who were uninsured prior to the start of ObamaCare."

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Re: Luv Obamacare? You can't buy insurance until the end of 2015 -- It's all Shut Do

thankfully, at least some people will be lucky enough to escape the slavish tyranny that is obamacare. hopefully, they will be able to multiply as i fear they are our last chance at survival.

rjtide

1st Team
Dec 15, 1999
AL
Re: Luv Obamacare? You can't buy insurance until the end of 2015 -- It's all Shut Do

the idea of universal health coverage sounds good. the problem is, and has always been, when tax payers are expected to foot the bill so that others can have adequate coverage (ie, have their monthly premium costs subsidized). as a primary care physician I treat individuals w/o insurance all the time....and it certainly makes it difficult to treat them the way I want to treat them due to lack of insurance coverage. so, yes, I do think its a good idea to offer insurance coverage for everyone. but the expectation of having higher insurance premiums for EVERYONE is not palatable. and this delay (which I was not aware of) cant be good....esp for those that touted the merits of this policy.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

the idea of universal health coverage sounds good. the problem is, and has always been, when tax payers are expected to foot the bill so that others can have adequate coverage (ie, have their monthly premium costs subsidized). as a primary care physician I treat individuals w/o insurance all the time....and it certainly makes it difficult to treat them the way I want to treat them due to lack of insurance coverage. so, yes, I do think its a good idea to offer insurance coverage for everyone. but the expectation of having higher insurance premiums for EVERYONE is not palatable. and this delay (which I was not aware of) cant be good....esp for those that touted the merits of this policy.
my family's premiums went down over $600/month on Jan 1 for the same basic plan i had before and we are getting no subsidies.

and this is not a delay, the enrollment period was oct. 1 to march 31 and the next enrollment period is Jan 1, 2015.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

my family's premiums went down over $600/month on Jan 1 for the same basic plan i had before and we are getting no subsidies.

and this is not a delay, the enrollment period was oct. 1 to march 31 and the next enrollment period is Jan 1, 2015.
Isn't it odd that Libs found lower premiums --- and Conservatives went up insane amounts.....??

I wonder why --

The investment bank’s April survey of 148 brokers found that this quarter, the average premium increase for customers renewing an insurance plan is 12 percent in the small group market and 11 percent in the individual market, according to Forbes’ Scott Gottlieb.

The hikes — the largest in the past three years, according to Morgan Stanley’s quarterly reports — are “largely due to changes under the [Affordable Care Act],” analysts concluded. Rates have been growing increasingly fast throughout all of 2013, after a period of drops in 2012.

While insurers were hiking premiums since 2012 by smaller amounts, the lead-up to the Obamacare’s launch has seen the average rate at which premiums are growing fourfold.

The small group market saw a jump from a growth rate of close to 3 percent during Morgan Stanley’s September 2013 survey to just above 6 percent three months later in December — the month before a surge of Obamacare regulations hit insurance companies.

Over the next three months, the rate doubled again to the current average small growth premium growth rate of 12 percent.

Individual policies saw a much starker jump after the Obamacare exchanges launched, in anticipation of the health care law going live in 2014. Morgan Stanley’s September 2013 survey, like the previous three quarters, found a fairly constant growth rate around 2 percent — but in December, the rate had shot up to above 9 percent.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/07/s...nce-premium-increases-in-years/#ixzz2yPARAOR1
Perhaps Libs are not honest with their information OR were poor shoppers of insurance prior to Obamacare.......OR maybe the information on the surface is accurate -- but there are more details that aren't included in their numbers.......

Our rate stayed fairly stable -- BUT, our deductible jumped by over $2K/year - AND our coverage was lessened in many areas.....

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Perhaps Libs are not honest with their information OR were poor shoppers of insurance prior to Obamacare.......OR maybe the information on the surface is accurate -- but there are more details that aren't included in their numbers.......

Our rate stayed fairly stable -- BUT, our deductible jumped by over $2K/year - AND our coverage was lessened in many areas.....
i am plenty honest, thank you. i have a daughter with a congenital heart defect (and two open heart surgeries in her first 15 mionths) and a "pre-existing condition" myself which made insurance very expensive, and damn near impossible to find for our family (note: we self purchase because we have a business with just 4 people). my premiums went down drastically, co-pays went up about $5, deductibles stayed the same and yearly out of pocket maximums went down.

you are free to wallow in your assumptions though, i hope it makes everything feel better.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

The other problem I heard from a physician in Houston is that under Obamacare, you don't have to pay premiums up front. So, if you get "BCBS" under Obamacare and then go to the doctor you are charged whatever the out of pocket rate is. However, if you don't pay the premium, the insurance company comes back to the doctor to collect whatever they paid out through the policy because the individual failed to pay. In the end, it sounds like the physicians will be left holding the bag. Correct me if I heard that wrong.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

I never did understand the enrollment periods. I can understand the need for a cutoff date for premium and coverage purposes (and in this case penalty for non compliance with the government mandate), but if you are going to provide a product why have periods where there is no possibility of purchasing said product? It just makes no sense to me.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

my current company does an 80/20 split and ours went up again. We were told "not that much". Apparently "not that much" is $25 (on my end per paycheck.) There are other companies that still are paying 100% but it is quite rare now in my field.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Obamacare was always going to make life easier for some people, including folks that have the problems you describe. The relevant question is whether the provisions contained therein are the only or the best way to address those problems.
well, we're waiting on some good suggestions.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

well, we're waiting on some good suggestions.
But isn't your situation the ultimate issue -- to make your rates go down, 95% of everyone else needs to pay more?

I feel for your situation - and sorry to hear about your daughter. And, honestly, I'm very happy this has worked out better for you and your family. And we will add her to our daily prayers....and hope she has a wonderful and healthy future.....

I worry though -- that this program (which I just heard on the radio, has now topped 2 Trillion -- per the CBO) -- when it was budgeted at 900 Billion --- is just starting out and will keep going higher and higher.

I hope that you haven't swapped a lower priced program for lower-priced coverage -- and lower-priced medical service. What most libs are missing is that they are assuming the results will be as advertised -- yet, since nothing else in the program has been as advertised -- I truly worry about the weakest in our society -- not getting the service they were getting prior to the program.

Good luck to you and your family -- I hope it continues to work well for you --

My fear is that we are not going to fare well overall --

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004

I know others that went down as well. In the end, I think Obamacare will be a good thing.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

The Affordable Care Act will also reduce the number of fulltime workers by more than 2 million in coming years, congressional budget analysts said in the most detailed analysis of the law’s impact on jobs. The CBO said the law’s impact on jobs would be mostly felt starting after 2016. The agency previously estimated that the economy would have 800,000 fewer jobs as a result of the law. The impact is likely to be most felt, the CBO said, among low-wage workers. The agency said that most of the effect would come from Americans deciding not to seek work as a result of the ACA’s impact on the economy. Some workers may forgo employment, while others may reduce hours, for a equivalent of at least 2 million fulltime workers dropping out of the labor force.

Another note from the CBO document: Democrats touted a $900 billion price tag for the law in 2010, citing a cynically-manufactured CBO score. What will the first ten years of Obamacare cost now that it's in full swing? More than $2 trillion. Beyond that, the government's projected Obamacare enrollment total for 2014 has dropped by one million people. Paul Ryan's office also notes that on our current path, the annual deficit is expect to shrink to "only" $514 billion next year (Bush's average deficit was in the neighborhood of $250 billion, even with two active wars), but it will begin a steady climb after 2015, hitting $1 trillion within eight years:
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guyben...lions-of-americans-out-of-work-force-n1789435

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

I know others that went down as well. In the end, I think Obamacare will be a good thing.
me too. and i think that is a lot of the reason for the increased wadded panties and hand waving screams that are emanating from fox, etal this past couple of weeks. my senator, chambliss was on the radio the other day touting obamacare as the worst piece of legislation ever passed in this country. oddly enough, the interview was on april 1.

regardless, obamacare was just a false flag operation to cover up benghazi, the whitey tapes, saul alinsky, and the forged birth certificate, not to mention the countless other dubious operations being shoved down america's throat by the arrogant usuperer. yet another success for obamacare?

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009

You need to call the White House because they've been looking for you.
Me, too, I guess...our premiums are $188 a month and we had no insurance before, couldn't get it due to pre-existing condition; even if it weren't for that, my age would have meant a premium I couldn't afford anyway.
While not having insurance, we went to a faith-based facility that determined your fees based on how much you made; suffice it to say, that while our costs for tests were phenomenally low, our costs per visit were actually higher than what we pay now with insurance (this facility was intended for those who are poor, not those who made a "decent" living - we just fell through the cracks). Again, due to our age, we can now get colonoscopies (yay!), mammograms etc. at no cost. So yes I am one of the ones this was designed to help, and at least so far it looks like it will help us dramatically.

Last edited:

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004

Any examples?
Small business owners and their employees, especially if they have pre-existing conditions. People who want health insurance but cannot get it through their employer.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.