Hank Aaron compares GOP to KKK

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
Really, we've been through that before ad nauseam on this board. :rolleyes:
They haven't change their views just their direction. If they really wanted to help the minorities they would not have put the current policies in action. Now Gays are the new minorities that they are using for their election.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I don't know why anybody's surprised by this.

Hank Aaron was campaigning for the Commissioner's position (maybe when Bowie Kuhn retired, but I'm not sure). When he didn't get it, he played the race card loud and long, nevermind the fact that he had no qualifications other than the HR record, and he has other similar statements in his background.

This isn't new behavior. He's just been quiet in public lately.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Last time I looked (and not too hard, as it isn't worth the effort), the KKK does not accept Italians or Catholics.

The GOP does. Not that I would join them, either. Just don't try to tell me they are the same.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Last time I looked (and not too hard, as it isn't worth the effort), the KKK does not accept Italians or Catholics.

The GOP does. Not that I would join them, either. Just don't try to tell me they are the same.

The GOP also does not go around beating or lynching people bc of the color of their skin. Horrible comparison!

When I was a kid back in the late 60's and a teenager in the early 70's I admired Mr. Aaron but as I got older my views have changed with some of the comments he has made through the years.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Shows you the ignorance of Aaron and the inability of him to move on. There have been people (of other races) who've had their children murdered, raped, etc. who have reached a point of forgiveness for the person that violated their children. I've watched countless documentaries of these type stories. IMO, these people had a lot deeper climb to get over the hump of bitterness than Hank Aaron. The irony of stuff like this is in many cases the blacks have gone from being enslaved by the whites to enslaving themselves mentally. Which impacts their attitude, outlook on life, etc. In teaching "their history" to their children they teach hate which locks in a mindset that takes them down a path of destruction. They become their own worst enemy and biggest obstacle. At some point you have to let it go.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Hank's always had some racial issues.
Always...even when he was a kid here. He had issues with white people everywhere he went (not just in the Mobile area), not saying some weren't warranted, but he has never mellowed, and THAT is sad.
And he, like at least one other local former MLB player, is probably also bitter that he never got the money players are getting now. You can do any comparison you want, in real dollars he would be making at least 10 times now compared to what he made when he played.

Last edited:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Hard to let it go or move on when you see minority voters waiting 12 hours in line to vote. You think they waited that long in the ritzy white areas. Latest atrocity? Restricting access to bathrooms a polling places. Naw, they ain't trying to limit minority voting. Jim Crow now wears a tie. You tell em Hank!!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Hard to let it go or move on when you see minority voters waiting 12 hours in line to vote. You think they waited that long in the ritzy white areas. Latest atrocity? Restricting access to bathrooms a polling places. Naw, they ain't trying to limit minority voting. Jim Crow now wears a tie. You tell em Hank!!
I'm sure they have to wait in line when they're voting twice and for their dead aunt.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Move on? What should he move on from?

Sent from my iPhone
From having so much racial hate in his heart from the past that he compares the GOP with the KKK. That is about as stupid and ignorant of a comparison as one could make. The scary thing is he probable actually believes the comparison. It's much like Brandon Spikes making the comparison of playing with the Patriots to slavery. He and Aaron need to move on...

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
From having so much racial hate in his heart from the past that he compares the GOP with the KKK. That is about as stupid and ignorant of a comparison as one could make. The scary thing is he probable actually believes the comparison. It's much like Brandon Spikes making the comparison of playing with the Patriots to slavery. He and Aaron need to move on...
He just made a statement. Ole Hank seems like a happy man to me.

I see where you are coming from but can you see where he is coming from?

I don't like President Obama AT ALL but as soon as he became President a lot of the GOP lost its mind.

Brandon Spikes may have a point, we don't know what's going on behind doors. What he says may have merit.

Moving from what happened to Blacks over the history of the country is kinda hard to do. Let's try telling the Jews to get over the Holocaust or the Native Americans to not worry about someone taking their land and being thrown into slavery as well.

I see where you are coming from. You should look at the content of the character of the man, but move on? That's just something hard to forget, especially someone who's done what he's done when he did it.

Sent from my iPhone

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.