Who is going to the A-Day Game?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Heh, back to that.

First off, most youth groups I know of have access to buses and the like. They have free parking. There's a Little Cesar's near bye.

Yeah, it costs money, but taking a youth group to Cici's or a movie costs money. I rent a car (my wife and I go, this time we're bringing someone else with us), I drive from Mobile, and at the end of the day, totaling my expenses, that comes in well under $100. If I didn't rent the car, I'd be out even less... Sure, this doesn't compete with taking kids to the local park and letting them climb on the monkey bars, if you're that cheap, but it's a chance to give people the experience of being in BDS for a tiny fraction of what it would usually cost.
There's a lot of "church politics" in the area. It's a shame, but I've seen church folks not act like church folks over college football. If Youth Minister "A" chooses to go to Bama's A-Day game rather than the Barn's there could be quite the "stink" for him to deal with. Sadly, same would apply if Youth Minister "B" (for Barner) chose to take a group to Lee County for their A Day game instead of going to T-town.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
My friend, his girlfriend, and I are planning on going. His girlfriend has a son with MD and is confined to a wheelchair. He's a big Crimson Tide fan. They asked if I cared if he went, and I told them I'd be mad if he could go and they didn't let him!

I know they have handicapped accessibility areas in the stadium, but on top of anyone's head, do you know the gate # we'd need to go through to access them? If not, I know I'll be able to find out pretty easily.

I'm excited to see the boys back in pads on the gridiron.....even if it's considered a "glorified practice". To me it means we're that many days closer to kicking off the season!!!!
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
if you're that cheap, but it's a chance to give people the experience of being in BDS for a tiny fraction of what it would usually cost.
it is not a question of being cheap. I don't know how much gas is where you are but I filled up my Accord this morning and it took almost $60. If I were to go I would have to go to my sister's and pick up my nephew in Remlap and then drive to Tuscaloosa and then back to Remlap and then back to Atlanta. Plus I would have to feed a ten year old. all for a practice. I would spend the $$$ on a game but we are talking about practice. I will refrain from the Allen Iverson rant.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I would spend the $$$ on a game but we are talking about practice.
A: It's not merely practice. It means far more than that, Nick Saban has stated as much many times. The truth is that going to "big" Alabama games actually means far less, you know why? Those seats are going to be full, no matter what, unless you buy a ticket and eat it or something. If you go to A-Day, you're filling a seat, you're making an impact. It helps recruiting, it helps the players focus, but of course the less it matters to us, the less it matters to everyone else and the less of a positive impact we'll have.

B: You responded to my post about youth groups. Never, at any point did I say everyone, everywhere should go. If the people in the Birmingham area just showed up the place would be overflowing. I'd never try to guilt trip people in Alaska into driving down for A-Day, or trick them under the premise that it's free for them.

But... and this goes back to an earlier point made when comparing fan interest. Alabama fan's usually do good, in comparison to Auburn fans. But last year's spring game was embarrassing. Alabama was celebrating a national championship! Auburn was celebrating a terrible season and a new coach. Guess who was more excited? Guess who had more at their spring game? Guess who ultimately had the better season? It sure wasn't Alabama...

We can't refuse to take things seriously and then demand the team take things seriously. Is the spring important or not? Is A-Day important or not? The coaches and recruits think so... and that's more than enough for me to consider it important.

It's not for everyone, I get that. But just because it's not for everyone does not make it unimportant.

Last edited:

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
So I was thinking about bringing my son up for the trip,the biggest reason so he could get some autographs. I have now learned fans can go on the field after the game but players will not be signing autographs can someone that knows for sure confirm that?

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Hopefully I'll be there with wife, 2 grand children and daughter, her aubie husband is not invited and is mostly banned from all family functions, and that's all I've got to say about that.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
could someone please tell me the time of the A game, and if it will be televised by one of the espn channels, or which one. thanks, here in Tennessee not to much coverage of bama.

Bamanooga

1st Team
Sep 7, 2008
Signal Mountain, TN
The Viles had 68,500 at their Orange and White game Saturday and are crowing about it. It's the second largest crowd ever at their spring games.

YES, I'll be at the A-Day Game with the g'kids to give Coach and the team our support. It would be nice to show UT what a real crowd is, too.

Snake 4 Bama

Scout Team
Jan 1, 2013
I will be attending this year for the first time. Also I will have a coworker who was not a college football fan. I met him last year and asked him to come watch game one with me. He is now one of the biggest Bama fans I know now. His boss is an Ohio State fan and I kid him about recruiting him first. I'm very excited to see this years team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.