Who is going to the A-Day Game?

Eshad

3rd Team
Jun 20, 2007
I didn't see this posted, so I was just wondering who all were planning to attend the A-day game? With all of the new faces and position battles, how many fans do you all think will attend?

bamamac77

Feb 12, 2008
I'll be there with my three grand kids, the youngest two, age 13 and 16 have never been to Tuscaloosa so it should be exciting for all.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I think it'll be a good sized crowd with the new faces and battles you mentioned.

I wish I could be there with my two boys, that'd be something special.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
We are going and we are bringing our boys. It will be our youngest son's first time in Tuscaloosa.

Last edited:

Capstone46

1st Team
Jun 5, 2000
CNS has made a big deal of treating this year as "the starting over of building a new program" as if this were his first year. He has emphasized that point to the team, those in the AD, the press, and to fans wherever he has had a chance to speak. He has appealed to all of us to put a minimum of 90,000 into BDS this A Day. It will mean a lot to him and the team.
LETS WORK To MAKE IT HAPPEN!! Bring anybody who you can get toBDS for A Day.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
I'll be there and bringing another 5 or 6. Gotta own that record for spring game attendance!!! Roll Tide!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Had intended to go but my boss asked me to back my vacation up a week for someone else to be able to go, so my two weeks off ends the 17th rather than the 24th. I'm somewhat ambivalent about driving 600 miles for a practice but do want to support the team. There in spirit, man, there in spirit.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
CNS has made a big deal of treating this year as "the starting over of building a new program" as if this were his first year. He has emphasized that point to the team, those in the AD, the press, and to fans wherever he has had a chance to speak. He has appealed to all of us to put a minimum of 90,000 into BDS this A Day. It will mean a lot to him and the team.
LETS WORK To MAKE IT HAPPEN!! Bring anybody who you can get toBDS for A Day.
Amen to that, brother.

Saban has said he could have started over somewhere else, but chose to start over in Tuscaloosa.

We need to let him know that we fans are starting over like it's 2007, too.

He's the first head coach to truly embrace the fans as part of the program. Even Bryant didn't do that.

Saban has given us a role and believes in it to the point that he lets us know when we haven't done our job. While I don't like being called out, I absolutely love the fact that he feels we're enough of a part of the program that we need to be held accountable for filling our role, just like he does with any player, coach or administrator.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I'll be there. I really don't get why youth groups and things like that are not better represented. It's free, isn't that the perfect chance to take kids who might otherwise never see the inside of BDS?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
free to get in maybe but living far away it is not free at all.
Heh, back to that.

First off, most youth groups I know of have access to buses and the like. They have free parking. There's a Little Cesar's near bye.

Yeah, it costs money, but taking a youth group to Cici's or a movie costs money. I rent a car (my wife and I go, this time we're bringing someone else with us), I drive from Mobile, and at the end of the day, totaling my expenses, that comes in well under $100. If I didn't rent the car, I'd be out even less... Sure, this doesn't compete with taking kids to the local park and letting them climb on the monkey bars, if you're that cheap, but it's a chance to give people the experience of being in BDS for a tiny fraction of what it would usually cost.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.