Buddy Pell. A Guy I Will Be Pulling For..

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
The walk-on that bleeds Crimson. One of the many reasons I love Alabama Football. "Its not just a game to a kid from Alabama. It is in their heart. They are getting another person in their program and in their locker room where football and Alabama football means everything to him and it has been for a long time." Link to Story

aerospace_ray

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
Alabama
" 'You didn't have to offer me a scholarship. Just the chance to wear that jersey was all I wanted.' The hair on my arms stood up and I got chills. I still get chills now just thinking about it." (comments section)
My favorite quote from the story, comments section. Just something special about wearing a crimson jersey.... ROLL TIDE

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
With a kid like that, sounds like he will be giving a 110% everytime he steps out to practice. Maybe that's a good thing. I wish him well and will be pulling for him to make it. Kids that have that much love for the Tide are Kids I love to see play for us.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Even if he never sees the field, a player like this can become an integral part of a national championship team.

The reasons are outlined in the article, but Alabama needs a certain number of driven, in-state kids that can show everyone else how they should conduct themselves. On the flip side, if you can afford the tuition, it's a great move for this kid as well.

Think about it, he could go play for nothing state, yes, get the scholarship, but instead if he gets a chance to be a part of something special.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This is the type player some posters were referencing in the Sugar Bowl loss thread. A guy like Pell knows what the Crimson jersey represents.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Even if he never sees the field, a player like this can become an integral part of a national championship team.

The reasons are outlined in the article, but Alabama needs a certain number of driven, in-state kids that can show everyone else how they should conduct themselves. On the flip side, if you can afford the tuition, it's a great move for this kid as well.

Think about it, he could go play for nothing state, yes, get the scholarship, but instead if he gets a chance to be a part of something special.
His grandfather was once head coach at Jax State. So he had ties there as well. It's not the SEC, but they are a solid program and could have been part of something special there as well.

But it is his choice and I hope he is able to contribute here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GCtidefan

1st Team
Sep 23, 2010
Adger, AL
I remember Coach Bryant once saying he'd rather coach a kid with heart than a kid with talent because the kid with heart could learn and would never ever quit (or something like that).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.