US Government staging another Ruby Ridge/Waco...this time in Nevada

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
from reading the article, sounds like he is in (and has been for a while) violation of federal laws.

Bundy, a descendant of Mormons who settled in Bunkerville more than 140 years ago, claims an inherent right to graze the area and casts the conflict as a states' rights issue. He said he doesn't recognize federal authority on land that he insists belongs to Nevada.
just because you disagree with a law (or in this case you "don't recognize federal authority") doesn't mean you can ignore law

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
from reading the article, sounds like he is in (and has been for a while) violation of federal laws.

just because you disagree with a law (or in this case you "don't recognize federal authority") doesn't mean you can ignore law
Please please please tell that to Obama and Holder.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
they are doing round ups in your area tomorrow, you should mention that to them as they are beating down your door
As usual, ignore the subject matter. You put up the declaration about following the law. Can you take your statement and respond accordingly? I didn't think so.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
As usual, ignore the subject matter. You put up the declaration about following the law. Can you take your statement and respond accordingly? I didn't think so.
to what are you referring? i am talking about the article linked in the post, also known as "the subject matter". the article itself lays out that the guy has been ignoring the law because he didn't recognize the authority of the Feds and that is why "ruby ridge 2, electric boogaloo" is being staged.

you are the one hijacking the thread to feed your daily obama outrage fix. i think that your ods is strong enough to not need my re-inforcement to support your obama/holder fetish.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
The BLS has no Constitutional basis, nor does the federal government have any constitutional basis for "securing" large parcels of land to "protect it" for Agenda 21, errr, I mean natural beauty and to protect the desert tortoise or any other endangered species.

But hey, maybe I'm reading that shabby ole piece of paper incorrectly.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
to what are you referring? i am talking about the article linked in the post, also known as "the subject matter". the article itself lays out that the guy has been ignoring the law because he didn't recognize the authority of the Feds and that is why "ruby ridge 2, electric boogaloo" is being staged.

you are the one hijacking the thread to feed your daily obama outrage fix. i think that your ods is strong enough to not need my re-inforcement to support your obama/holder fetish.
You really should work on some new material. It's like a broken record when you post.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
This is going to get interesting. Militia arriving. All three of them.

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2014/0...diers-militia-members-arrive-at-nevada-ranch/
Kornze, the new BLM chief, is familiar with the area. He’s a natural resource manager who grew up in Elko, Nev., and served previously as a senior adviser to Senate Democratic Majority Leader Harry Reid.
Reid aide Kristen Orthman said her boss “hopes the trespassing cattle are rounded up safely so the issue can be resolved.”

Maybe the jack booted thugs will take a break and have a cowboy poetry festival to idle away the time until the militias are mobilized. :)

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Kornze, the new BLM chief, is familiar with the area. He’s a natural resource manager who grew up in Elko, Nev., and served previously as a senior adviser to Senate Democratic Majority Leader Harry Reid.
Reid aide Kristen Orthman said her boss “hopes the trespassing cattle are rounded up safely so the issue can be resolved.”

Maybe the jack booted thugs will take a break and have a cowboy poetry festival to idle away the time until the militias are mobilized. :)
Reid may have some mining interests. or better yet, one of his campaign contributors may have some mining interests there.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
VJ you need to stop dissing our greatest president. Keep it up and the Maysvillians for Obama will pay you a visit. It's a real small group but scary nonetheless. Please post your address.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
"Freedom's just another name for nothing left to lose."

The push and corruption has gone too far and America is reaching a breaking point. I really hope nothing bad happens in Nevada over this but all people need to be held accountable for their actions, especially officials who work for the people.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

I think the point being made is that we are a nation of laws. And as you have already so eloquently said, we can't pick and choose which laws we want to obey.
At the same time, our own federal gov't does just that. It picks and chooses which laws it desires to obey, enforce and yes, even ignore.
What's good for one is good for the other. Why should the ordinary citizen be held to a higher standard than the gov't which enacted those laws?

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
VJ you need to stop dissing our greatest president. Keep it up and the Maysvillians for Obama will pay you a visit. It's a real small group but scary nonetheless. Please post your address.
Technically, I didn't dismiss the chap. I'd just like for him to follow the Constitution which he was sworn to uphold, and enforce the laws on the books rather than ignoring them because he doesn't like them.

And I can always be found at the Maysville Four Way, hanging with my Pakistani brethren. You know they're selling headgear now, dontcha?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.