Dillon Lee Arrested for DUI

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Theses kids are treated like royalty & I honestly think some begin to think they're above the Law..Especially the repeat offenders..Kids will be kids, but, a 2nd time I honestly wouldn't care if he got kicked off the team & is made an example out of..
2nd time dui or 2nd time in trouble? Was the first curfew violations?

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Man this is so disappointing, I'm getting to point where I hate the off season. He probably won't play at A Day and he's one of the players I really looked forward to watch.

califbamafan

1st Team
Nov 7, 2005
Rialto, Calif
He was sent home for curfew violations. I think he will be okay will have to do a lot of extra work as punishment. These are college kids they do drink and some of them stupidly drive while drinking. A lot of us have driven while impaired. He will do his punishment and life will go on.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
He was sent home for curfew violations. I think he will be okay will have to do a lot of extra work as punishment. These are college kids they do drink and some of them stupidly drive while drinking. A lot of us have driven while impaired. He will do his punishment and life will go on.
Sorry..I never would drink & drive when I was the same age..I always made sure I had someone sober with me..If he wasn't involved in a wreck(I know no injuries), I may feel different, still though, he could've killed someone..I can't just say run extra laps or some kind of extra punishment & all is good..I think he should be made an example out of..Y'all may disagree & that's you're right too..After losing my ex fiance to a drunk driver..I have no sympathy at all for these kids that get a DUI..That's just my opinion..

Last edited:

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
This will continue because the players know they can get away with it. I guarantee if Tenpenny and Dillion Lee were dismissed from the team the rest of the team would get the message. I am sick and tired of these spoiled brats thinking they are GOD and do whatever they want to do knowing they are Alabama football players and that will save their butts.

We don't need Lee or Tenpenny to win. We have enough talent at LB to survive. If we didn't, I'd rather go 9-3 with a team full of players who are good people than go 14-0 with a bunch of thugs. If you want that, root for the barn or Miami!

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Sorry..I never would drink & drive when I was the same age..I always made sure I had someone sober with me..If he wasn't involved in a wreck(I know no injuries), I may feel different, still though, he could've killed someone..I can't just say run extra laps or some kind of extra punishment & all is good..I think he should be made an example out of..Y'all may disagree & that's you're right too..After losing a good friend to a drunk driver..I have no sympathy at all for these kids that get a DUI..That's just my opinion..
Agree 100%. 15 years ago if you didn't have a DUI or other arrest due to partying on your record as a financial advisor, you weren't trying... Now, get a DUI on your record and you lose your license. That is the way it should be. It isn't that damn hard to call a cab or have a designated driver.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Agree 100%. 15 years ago if you didn't have a DUI or other arrest due to partying on your record as a financial advisor, you weren't trying... Now, get a DUI on your record and you lose your license. That is the way it should be. It isn't that damn hard to call a cab or have a designated driver.
Exactly..Pick up a phone to call someone to come & get you or call a cab at the very least if you need to go somewhere..

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Just when it looked like he was going to be a starter (from all the talk at least) he goes out and does this crap. I don't think this kid will ever learn honestly. Just when he had a shot at showing out this year and possibly making himself some cash in a year or two he does this. SMH

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I hate this. There was a 13 yr. old boy changing a flat tire for his mother killed today up the road from me in Murfreesboro, TN. It was in the middle of the afternoon and he was hit and killed by a drunk driver. The lady ran over this kid and didn't even stop. I don't feel sorry for Mr. Lee. I just saw this thread before I left school, then I get home and see this on the news and it just makes me sick. It is all about personal responsibility. I agree with you all, it isn't hard to call a cab or a friend.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
This will continue because the players know they can get away with it. I guarantee if Tenpenny and Dillion Lee were dismissed from the team the rest of the team would get the message. I am sick and tired of these spoiled brats thinking they are GOD and do whatever they want to do knowing they are Alabama football players and that will save their butts.

We don't need Lee or Tenpenny to win. We have enough talent at LB to survive. If we didn't, I'd rather go 9-3 with a team full of players who are good people than go 14-0 with a bunch of thugs. If you want that, root for the barn or Miami!

Get over yourself.

When was the last time you lived in Tuscaloosa? These guys can get pulled over for having one headlight over the white line. What has Dillon Lee done to justify being labelled a thug? Eddie Williams was a thug, or at least behaved in thuggish fashion. This is not thug behavior. Stupid? Sure. And I Know what Dillon did in Miami. It was stupid, but it wasn't thuggish.

If Dillon was truly caught driving recklessly, then I'll retract it, but let's not act like we know he was weaving down University Blvd at 65 MPH at supper time.

I know plenty of y'all have had friends and family affected by drunk drivers, so I'm being respectful, but the charge itself doesn't prove anything about a kid's character. It may prove something about his momentary decision making, but quit labelling a kid over one bad decision.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
from personal experience, everytime I see young men, women or older persons continue to drink and drive I cringe. my son, always thought he was the one that would not get caught dui. well he did, twice, and he paid the price of losing his license, doing time in jail. and paying a hefty fine, and court costs. he was 19, and 21 when he got his. it really hurt his employment as a partner with me in a business that required a driver lincense. I had to hire an additional employee to drive for him and assist. he was as good a satellite technician in our 4 county area. he missed out on a lot of life, without that license. getting the punishment, and hardship, he finally learned. he had drinking problem, and he had to go thru rehab. one of my concerns with a young man that has a potential pro career ahead, and has worked hard to be a excellent football player, is the fact he did not consider the high risk associated with his drinking and driving. folks, this is spring training, a chance to win positions, you know he also broke curfew. even the pros have curfew during the spring camps. I feel that if this young man, is more concerned about being out late at night drinking then he needs to go elsewhere, and let a more appreciate young man take his place.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Get over yourself.

When was the last time you lived in Tuscaloosa? These guys can get pulled over for having one headlight over the white line. What has Dillon Lee done to justify being labelled a thug? Eddie Williams was a thug, or at least behaved in thuggish fashion. This is not thug behavior. Stupid? Sure. And I Know what Dillon did in Miami. It was stupid, but it wasn't thuggish.

If Dillon was truly caught driving recklessly, then I'll retract it, but let's not act like we know he was weaving down University Blvd at 65 MPH at supper time.

I know plenty of y'all have had friends and family affected by drunk drivers, so I'm being respectful, but the charge itself doesn't prove anything about a kid's character. It may prove something about his momentary decision making, but quit labelling a kid over one bad decision.
I respect your opinion & understand 100% with what you're saying..I don't think he's a bad kid, but, when you drink & drive, you put everyone you're sharing the road with at risk..Especially in this day & age of cell phones or instant communication with the internet..He should have gotten someone to pick him up or drive him where he needed to go..Drinking & driving is inexcusable in today's world of instant communication..He may be the nicest kid in the world, but, I hope he's made an example of by Coach Saban & is kicked off the team..Cause he was involved in a wreck while intoxicated..Any way you slice that up there isn't an excuse for it at all..If you disagree, I can respect that, but, that's what I hope happens..Let the next Player in line step up & lead our D..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.