Lee Roy Jordan and the '71 Cowboys

Roll Tide 00

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
I was watching the NFL Nework and they had on a documentary about the 1971 Cowboys called America's game.And surprisingly they didn't mention Lee Roy Jordan in it 1 time.Not one photo or even a piece of video.He even had a team record 21 tackles in one game that season and not 1 mention of it.They pretty much talked about Bob Lilly the entire time.I know Lilly may be the most decorated cowboy as far as awards.But Lee Roy's resume is nothing to sneeze at.Needless to say i was dissapointed.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I was watching the NFL Nework and they had on a documentary about the 1971 Cowboys called America's game.And surprisingly they didn't mention Lee Roy Jordan in it 1 time.Not one photo or even a piece of video.He even had a team record 21 tackles in one game that season and not 1 mention of it.They pretty much talked about Bob Lilly the entire time.I know Lilly may be the most decorated cowboy as far as awards.But Lee Roy's resume is nothing to sneeze at.Needless to say i was dissapointed.
Well, I'm glad that I didn't watch it. Dallas was my favorite team at that time and ONLY because of Lee Roy Jordan! We sure needed someone like him to travel from side line to side line to keep Oklahoma from doing what it did in the last Sugar Bowl.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Lee Roy is a great guy and a class act. Had the opportunity to have dinner with him about 15 years ago and have talked with him in his office several times. He loves Alabama football and the University more than anyone I know.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.