Nirvana Officially in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
If you were a teenager in 1991, you knew how special this music was at the time. Dominating the charts were acts like Bobby Brown and Vanilla Ice, then Nirvana hit. Generation X's John Lennon...RIP Kurt Cobain

lelandhorne

1st Team
Sep 21, 2013
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a joke. Bunch of self appointed experts who've never touched an instrument in their life acting like they know better than pioneers of the genres. Couldn't care less if they inducted one of my favorite bands or not.

Last edited:

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a joke. Bunch of self appointed experts who've never touched an instrument in their life acting like they know better than pioneers of the genres. Couldn't care less if they inducted one of my favorite bands or not.
Not to mention that half the artists they've inducted to date, don't even fit the "Rock and Roll" genre. I lost any respect for them over the fact that it took them until just recently to induct Kiss. Like them or not, you can't argue their influence on Rock and Roll music.

Congrats to Nirvana on their induction, but I think if KC was alive today he'd give em a two bird salute and tell em where to stick it!

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
It's good to see Nirvana get recognition but until ELO or Jeff Lynne and groups like the Doobie Brothers get in the Hall lacks credibility.

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
I came of age with Nirvana, and they have not aged well, musically speaking. Pavement and Sonic Youth still sound fresh to my ears - Nirvana? Not so much.
I am not a grunge fan. I am an 80s music fan (Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, GNR, Motley Crue..etc.) However, I like Nirvana, the only band I like of that genre. That's what makes them so special. They brought the alternative/grunge genre to the mainstream. Most all type of music fans like Nirvana in the early 90s.

Maybe they aren't the best alternative/grunge band. If that is your musical taste, you probably have other bands you like better or are better in that genre. But none of them started what Nirvana did. They opened the door for all the other bands to make it big. I read in an article, they were one of the last bands to have the mainstream appeal. Music is so fractured in different segments these day.

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
May be an unpopular opinion, but to me they were always overrated. At best they were okay, and Cobain always seemed too whiny to me.
They single handedly ended a whole decade of music. If you were there in the early 90s, most young people were listening and talking about them. Not sure how a band that has sold over 110,000,000 albums worldwide can be called overrated.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/nirvana-album-sales-statistics/

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.