BUNT!!!!

Play Ball!

1st Team
Oct 11, 2001
Birmingham
8th inning, down by 1, lead off man doubles....Bunt him to 3rd and then it's 1 out.
Flyball, slow roller or base hit ties it up. No, we swing away and K... the rest doesn't matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I'd be surprised if we know how to bunt. It seems it is rarely taught these days. I know we always fought with the kids because they think us bunting them was a slight to them. What I like to call the "Sportscenter Era".

HolyCow

3rd Team
Mar 27, 2010
Field of Dreams
Chris Stewart said on the radio that he wondered if CMG was asking Mikey if he wanted to
bunt or swing. That is really a joke to have a coach asking a player what he wants to do.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
The odd thing, for me, is that it seems so often if we get a base hit we follow that with an attempt to bunt the runner over - to the point of aggravation. Then, when we need a bunt, we don't call for one. Difficult to understand. Here's hoping we hit better, and coach better, today.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
Bunting is typically to put guys into scoring position, which second base is. As a coach, you have to have a feel for how a guys is hitting. Is he due? Has he been off that day? Can he bunt worth a crap?

Since we were struggling all day it appeared, the bunt was probably the best play for that situation assuming he gets it down.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
I agree the 2 hole should be able to bunt, but he also should be able to move the runner along via a ball to the right side. While bunting is a proven way to move guys over, it is also a great way to give up an out and take the bat out of a decent hitters hand. What if he hits a double in the gap?

With the way this season has gone, we are playing well, this seems to be a nit picking thread because some disagree with what was/wasn't put on.

Play Ball!

1st Team
Oct 11, 2001
Birmingham
Bottom of eighth no outs and 2 hole hitter was 0/3 at that point. I think a bunt is a no brainer. Keep it simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.