Article: Real Americans Are Ready To Snap

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
Interesting article. I have always thought that fine line is what what gives dictators such an edge to success. While everyone else is waiting for the time to push back, the totalitarian just keeps tightening the noose.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-04-11/guest-post-real-americans-are-ready-snap

Despite popular belief, every culture of every nation draws a line in the sand against government tyranny. The problem is, many draw this line so close to total defeat that it rarely matters.

And, when this resistance erupts, it will shock even those who fully expect it.

Last edited:

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
Good read, thanks. I just hope that there is people that will rise to the need to keep the government inline. We as a nation have had it to good and don't know what bad government can do. Just look at history which is a very unused and it will tell the stories of what people wanting power can do. Humans don't change and make the same mistakes over and over trusting a person in a political position.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
"We have to fix America! Our leaders are incompetent - voting on bills they haven't read, not passing budgets, allowing our debt to get out of control!"
*votes for five-term incumbent representative*
*votes for presidential candidate who, like every major candidate, regurgitates party's talking points*
*thinks solution is for everyone to agree with me*

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I know folks are getting tired of Law Enforcement brutality & "Shoot First" & ask question later mentality..And I am too..LEO's needs ti have better training or to weed out the corrupt ones..Cause there's way to many innocent folks being beat up or killed by LEO's for no good reasons & with no repercussions towards them when it happens..

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Real Americans have thought this way since before America too...

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I know folks are getting tired of Law Enforcement brutality & "Shoot First" & ask question later mentality..And I am too..LEO's needs ti have better training or to weed out the corrupt ones..Cause there's way to many innocent folks being beat up or killed by LEO's for no good reasons & with no repercussions towards them when it happens..
We've become a shoot first society. Hell, if a twitter comes out, we believe it, no questions asked. Cops have an insanely difficult job. If you hesitate you die.

I agree, better training is needed. But like most professions, we are incredibly deficient in having competent trainers to fill the need.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
We've become a shoot first society. Hell, if a twitter comes out, we believe it, no questions asked. Cops have an insanely difficult job. If you hesitate you die.

I agree, better training is needed. But like most professions, we are incredibly deficient in having competent trainers to fill the need.
I agree 100% with ya that LEO's have an insanely difficult job..They need to go back to when they would give folks a warning before shooting them, give folks that chance to explain themselves, before making the ultimate decision to shoot them..At least hold the LEO's responsible & jail them if it's found they needlessly killed an innocent person & that would make them take pause before firing hastily at folks..There's more good cops, than the bad ones, the bad ones unfortunately paints a broad bad picture of them all in the public's view of them all..

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I agree 100% with ya that LEO's have an insanely difficult job..They need to go back to when they would give folks a warning before shooting them, give folks that chance to explain themselves, before making the ultimate decision to shoot them..At least hold the LEO's responsible & jail them if it's found they needlessly killed an innocent person & that would make them take pause before firing hastily at folks..There's more good cops, than the bad ones, the bad ones unfortunately paints a broad bad picture of them all in the public's view of them all..
Gotta give props to the COP in Mobile for punishing the quick-draw patrolman whose last stunt was a dog-killing. Circumstances dictated he get punished, and he was, and it's good the COP never made any attempt to protect him.
Long way to go, but you gotta start somewhere..

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
Gotta give props to the COP in Mobile for punishing the quick-draw patrolman whose last stunt was a dog-killing. Circumstances dictated he get punished, and he was, and it's good the COP never made any attempt to protect him.
Long way to go, but you gotta start somewhere..
Can you provide some documentation to this? What's been reported is the exact opposite.

http://blog.al.com/live/2014/03/police_chief_james_barber_on_d.html

"There is nothing I can do to replace the dog other than to offer my condolences and compensate for any damages we've done," Barber said. "The dogs are in their yards. They do what dogs do naturally. You can't fault them for that. What we can look at that is the reasonableness of the officer's acts under the circumstances and look for possible ways to avoid it in the future.

"I don't really look at it as aggressiveness by the Police Department," Barber said, referring to Kelly's confrontation with the dog. "This is ... an officer doing his job and a dog (behaving normally). It's the way I've gathered that. We're not pointing any fingers at anyone at this point. But we certainly want to minimize the number of times we come into contact with canines on their property because it can be dangerous.""

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Personally, I'm a hell of a lot more worried about Wall Street threatening my lifestyle and liberty. However, not many understand that Wall Street and Big Government are all of a piece...

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Personally, I'm a hell of a lot more worried about Wall Street threatening my lifestyle and liberty. However, not many understand that Wall Street and Big Government are all of a piece...
Agreed. Wall Street runs Big Government while Big Government drives the artificially inflated Wall Street buying stocks with taxpayer dollars.
Meanwhile, members of Congress are increasing both their personal portfolios and political war chests by practicing insider trading. Which, btw, is not illegal for members of Congress.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Can you provide some documentation to this? What's been reported is the exact opposite.

http://blog.al.com/live/2014/03/police_chief_james_barber_on_d.html
http://blog.al.com/live/2014/04/officer_to_be_reprimanded_clos.html

Granted, no suspension, but he is on notice now and if he does something like this again they will hopefully cut him loose. It is, in reality, probably the "lightest" punishment that could be handed out but, again, you gotta start somewhere. Nothing at all would have happened under the last COP.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.