Knowing your players

Play Ball!

1st Team
Oct 11, 2001
Birmingham
Haynie is an outstanding catcher and will be a good hitter one day. He was starting to come around before the concussion. But right now the coaches aren't doing him any favors forcing him to hit and look like a fool at it. Killing his confidence. He isn't ready and it is costing this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
Consider it done. I just wonder why there has to be so much negativity and almost no positive when things are going good.
It's the same way with the basketball board. When people decide they don't like a coach they only wanna talk when they can say how bad the coach is. People aren't patient. Our women's tennis coach has been here since '97. Her first 3 years we were 0-33 in conference, didn't have winning SEC record til '03, and didn't win the West until '06. Now we've won the SEC and are #3 in the country.

Now, I don't want to give Grant or Gaspard 17 years to get it going but sometimes you can't do what Saban did and it takes more than 2 years to get things clicking. JMO.

Edit: I don't want to speak to soon but it seems like Gaspard has definitely got it going so far this year.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
Couldn't agree more. I look at the basketball board and see the same thing mostly. Basketball, like baseball, is extremely hard to find kids that will come in and be successful. How do you judge a kids who sees very little elite pitching throughout high school and then sees some in perfect game showcases and things of the like. The ones that are successful there are heavily recruited to every major program nationwide, and there just isn't that many to go around especially when the MLB poaches off a good bit of talent also.

I for one am very proud in how well we are doing this year and hope to see it keep going with a little improvement each year!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Consider it done. I just wonder why there has to be so much negativity and almost no positive when things are going good.
You would think we were in last place in the league and not doing anything right with some people's comments. Some people will never be pleased but I would rather them to get it out of their system on a message board rather than take it out on their dog or family. I do plan to ignore every post from this guy and a couple of more. I think if we handle it this way they may stop posting but doubt it.

bamajake

1st Team
Sep 27, 2001
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
I am one of those who has posted a good bit of negative things on here. I have been absent lately, not because of what the team is doing, but because of what I have been doing. I will say this with great pleasure: This team has far exceeded my expectations this year. I hope they continue to do so and I will be more than happy to continue to eat crow when it tastes this good. I just hope they can continue to do it the rest of the season.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
I am one of those who has posted a good bit of negative things on here. I have been absent lately, not because of what the team is doing, but because of what I have been doing. I will say this with great pleasure: This team has far exceeded my expectations this year. I hope they continue to do so and I will be more than happy to continue to eat crow when it tastes this good. I just hope they can continue to do it the rest of the season.
I hear you. My job has pretty much killed the baseball season for me so far. But I am enjoying what I get to see/hear about this team.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
Sup rtg, been awhile! The series with sc and lsu are going to be major litmus test. If we can go 3-3 in those 6 games it could get real interesting. No worse than hosting a regional with a possible super ranking depending on how we fair in the other series and sec tournament.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.