Gisele Bundchen Makes Forbes "Rich" List; Promptly Gets IRS Audit

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
http://nypost.com/2014/04/13/gisele-bundchen-lands-on-supermodel-rich-list-audited-by-irs/

You think you have tax problems?

Gisele Bundchen has revealed that she was audited by the IRS just because she was placed on the Forbes Supermodel Rich List.

“It’s sad, because the people who write these things don’t have my bank-account details,” she laughs. “I do OK, I earn plenty, but not as much as they say. I’ve already been audited by the IRS because of this list, and, truthfully, whether I’m on this list or not doesn’t interest me,” the Brazilian supermodel told Vogue magazine on Friday.

Mrs. Tom Brady went on to say she’s no different than you or me.

“I’ve got the same interests, the same day-to-day life, as any woman. I want to raise my children well, be a good wife and work. This is what I value: Are my children educated, is my husband happy, are people feeling positive energy from me? There should be a magazine to quantify knowledge, understanding and love for people: That is power.”

Does the Obama Administration take into account that she earns only $0.77 for every $1.00 the male supermodels make?

lelandhorne

1st Team
Sep 21, 2013
Literally everyone on Forbe's Rich List has an overinflated net worth. Saying the richest man in the world is worth $100billion sells more than saying he's only worth $50billion. People like reading about rich people.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Who'd she vote for?

I honestly don't know although I'd suspect with the Hollywood glitz and being from Brazil/Germany, she probably pulled the lever twice for Obummer. (Call it stereotyping but we all do it - if you're black, odds are 95% you voted for the Democrat and if you're a southern redneck about 90% that you voted for the Republican).

If she did then she got what she voted for, didn't she? I mean, it's hard to take some complaining seriously here. Furthermore, I'm NOT a tax lawyer (and I don't play one on TideFans) but....how does she know that's why she got audited? I mean honestly - is there ANY WAY she really knows that?

Edit: well I just looked, she has a home in California. Do that and you deserve whatever happens to you.

If I'm not mistaken most audits are of that so-called "wealthiest 1%" or something close to that. Sure I read that somewhere. I've got nothing against rich folks but kinda hard to take complaining seriously - although I do grant the numbers are probably lower than they look like. If you saw "Broke" about the athletes that blew their bank accounts, a couple of them pointed out that the IRS got half of that big number right off the top.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Who'd she vote for?

I honestly don't know although I'd suspect with the Hollywood glitz and being from Brazil/Germany, she probably pulled the lever twice for Obummer. (Call it stereotyping but we all do it - if you're black, odds are 95% you voted for the Democrat and if you're a southern redneck about 90% that you voted for the Republican).

If she did then she got what she voted for, didn't she? I mean, it's hard to take some complaining seriously here. Furthermore, I'm NOT a tax lawyer (and I don't play one on TideFans) but....how does she know that's why she got audited? I mean honestly - is there ANY WAY she really knows that?

Edit: well I just looked, she has a home in California. Do that and you deserve whatever happens to you.

If I'm not mistaken most audits are of that so-called "wealthiest 1%" or something close to that. Sure I read that somewhere. I've got nothing against rich folks but kinda hard to take complaining seriously - although I do grant the numbers are probably lower than they look like. If you saw "Broke" about the athletes that blew their bank accounts, a couple of them pointed out that the IRS got half of that big number right off the top.
So if she got audited would it really affect her and Mr. Bundchen if she had to pay taxes on some missing dividend income?

I think her point is that because she made "the list" that the IRS took notice and meted out the punishment. After all, Obama promised a war on wealth.

Perhaps the IRS should have to give a valid reason for an audit other than for someone being mentioned in a magazine about wealth.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
So if she got audited would it really affect her and Mr. Bundchen if she had to pay taxes on some missing dividend income?

I think her point is that because she made "the list" that the IRS took notice and meted out the punishment. After all, Obama promised a war on wealth.

Perhaps the IRS should have to give a valid reason for an audit other than for someone being mentioned in a magazine about wealth.
Not to be put in the unenviable position of defending the IRS but......do they HAVE to give a reason for anything? I know there are things that trigger audits but this...well....

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I had never heard of her before. I knew Brady was married to a supermodel, but was unaware of her name. I suspect the more "supermodels" a guy could name, the less interested he would be in actually looking at a supermodel.

As for her audit, I really don't care either. If she had been a political activist and gotten audited, that is one thing. But if a bored agent sees people's names on a list ranked by their net worth and does a few clicks on his computer and the magazine's numbers don't match IRS records, that seems a valid reason for an audit. If the numbers in Forbes are indeed wrong, that is just poor journalism. But if she is hiding something from the government (which may be easy to do if she is paid under the table for appearances), then she deserves what she gets.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
You know, there really ought to be some level of 'probable cause' required to put someone through an audit.
I'm not siding with the uber-rich, but they have just as much right to pursue their goals and dreams without persecution as much as the next person. Be it Gisele, Donald Trump, Warren Buffett, LeBron James or Nick Saban.

Agree with CA. Probable cause doesn't include a flunky (i.e. low level staffer in the Cincinnati field office) flipping through a magazine looking for suspects.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL

I would be interested to see where there was a declaration of war on wealth. Frankly, I don't really see it with the number of high net worth people who have gotten off after 2008. Maybe it should be rephrased to "the war on wealth ... of people who did not donate to Obama's campaign."

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I'm not siding with the uber-rich, but they have just as much right to pursue their goals and dreams without persecution as much as the next person. Be it Gisele, Donald Trump, Warren Buffett, LeBron James or Nick Saban.

Agree with CA. Probable cause doesn't include a flunky (i.e. low level staffer in the Cincinnati field office) flipping through a magazine playing with themselves.

FIFY

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.