Nice article on Kiffin's offense...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
That was a fair article..We may not have better talent, but, I do think it's damn near equal..Coach Saban's conservative style offense will never put up huge numbers, put our offensive players in their offensive style of play, and they will put up the same yards & points as the USC players did on those teams..I will say their QB's were better than ours & it would be no contest..At the other positions we are just as talented or damn near close..
Pete Carroll is just as conservative as Saban.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
There's plenty of potential on this team. However, the 2004 and 2005 USC offenses were loaded with it.

First round WR
First round RB
First round QB
Second round RB
Second round T
Second round G
Two second round WRs
Second round C

Fred Davis was a contributor on the 2005 team and drafted in the second round 2008 draft.

Does this team have that much talent?
Besides QB...yep. Without question.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
This Alabama football team has as much, if not more, offensive talent, and defensive talent, and coaching talent, as any team ever.
Development, of course, is going to be necessary. But there's never been more talent assembled on a practice field, nor a greater coaching staff.
sip
Exactly..I honestly think so as well..At the level Coach Saban has recruited at Bama..We have as much talent as any team in the history of the game..

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
We have players with the potential to go that high, but they haven't gotten to that level of production with the exception of a first round WR (Coop).
I'll take a chance on this one. We've won three of the last five national championships.
USC won one in Carrolls's entire tenure.
So was he that bad of a coach, with all that superior talent?--Or is Coach Saban simply that good, with talent inferior to what Carroll had?
Sip

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I'll take a chance on this one. We've won three of the last five national championships.
So was he that bad of a coach, with all that superior talent?--Or is Coach Saban simply that good, with talent inferior to what Carroll had?
Sip
I love this statement sip. You can't argue with our results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Sip
Exactly..Coach Saban has done more with the same amount of talent, that Pete Carroll had at his time at USCw, Carroll should have won more NC's at USCw & yes Coach Saban it the superior HC of the two & it's not close..

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Exactly..Coach Saban has done more with the same amount of talent, that Pete Carroll had at his time at USCw, Carroll should have won more NC's at USCw & yes Coach Saban it the superior HC of the two & it's not close..
Most people would argue that now that Carroll has won both a NC and a Super Bowl.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
We have players with the potential to go that high, but they haven't gotten to that level of production with the exception of a first round WR (Coop).
I'd have to agree with that. Talent "potential" overall is as good as any team I've ever witnessed in over 50 years of watching. Will they realize all that potential is the $64 question.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Most people would argue that now that Carroll has won both a NC and a Super Bowl.

That's a fair & valid point after thinking about it..Obviously Coach Saban has been the superior college HC & Carroll has been the superior NFL HC..So it can be argued they are pretty equal as HC's just at different levels..

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Sip
Rivals says Bama is considerably more talented. I think CPC had two number one classes during his time at USC. Not sure what the number was, but I know Coach Saban has had way more. Five or six I think.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
That's a fair & valid point after thinking about it..Obviously Coach Saban has been the superior college HC & Carroll has been the superior NFL HC..So it can be argued they are pretty equal as HC's just at different levels..
Then again we must also remember that it takes a lot more than pure coaching ability when being a HC in the NFL IE. owners and gm's. CNS could have been a great NFL HC had he been in a better position like Carroll is.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

The NFL is so different. Most of the players are picked by the GM, and, in all honesty, coaching isn't nearly as important as it is at the college level. I'll give Carrol credit for his success, but, to me, it's a totally different scenario.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
The NFL is so different. Most of the players are picked by the GM, and, in all honesty, coaching isn't nearly as important as it is at the college level. I'll give Carrol credit for his success, but, to me, it's a totally different scenario.
Yeah I covered that. NFL coaches don't always (if not ever) have 100% control.

Sagamore Bill

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Oklahoma
Then again we must also remember that it takes a lot more than pure coaching ability when being a HC in the NFL IE. owners and gm's. CNS could have been a great NFL HC had he been in a better position like Carroll is.

And Switzer/OU went on probation for each of his NC. After that, he was "untouchable" for any colleg.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.