Nice article on Kiffin's offense...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Nice article..I disagree with this quote..Cause we have every bit the talent on offense at Bama..As compared to the USC teams when he was their OC under Carroll..

"The 2014 Alabama offense is a far cry from the most talented crew Kiffin has coached – that honor goes to the 2005 USC machine that he oversaw as an offensive coordinator – but the Tide has a strong group of receivers and a running attack spearheaded by T.J. Yeldon and Derrick Henry."..

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Nice article..I disagree with this quote..Cause we have every bit the talent on offense at Bama..As compared to the USC teams when he was their OC under Carroll..

"The 2014 Alabama offense is a far cry from the most talented crew Kiffin has coached – that honor goes to the 2005 USC machine that he oversaw as an offensive coordinator – but the Tide has a strong group of receivers and a running attack spearheaded by T.J. Yeldon and Derrick Henry."..
Think Kiffin is recruiting with the line, "Play at Alabama, and we can be the next USC" ? ;)

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

Nope.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

It's a fair statement because we don't have an established leader at quarterback right now.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I don't like Bleacher Report too much, but Barrett Sallee addressed this very topic this week. Link

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Good articles. I just hope that Kiffin plays to the strengths. If Blake or whoever starts can he keep that offense on the field, especially why the D gels? Sims has the legs and so does the other guy, just hope they have the arm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The stats from both scrimmages have looked great for Sims. I can't wait to see what he does on A Day. I hope all of them continue to work hard and get better.

The stats from both scrimmages have looked great for Sims. I can't wait to see what he does on A Day. I hope all of them continue to work hard and get better.
Sadly, I won't be able to go this year, and it looks like I'll miss the whole 2014 season. We have a looking way to go, but if any team can do it Bama can.

Back to Blake, been keeping taps. Things seems very good. If our receivers can get separation he may eat up defenses with his arm and legs. He'll need to, gotta have that running game on point.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Sadly, I won't be able to go this year, and it looks like I'll miss the whole 2014 season. We have a looking way to go, but if any team can do it Bama can.

Back to Blake, been keeping taps. Things seems very good. If our receivers can get separation he may eat up defenses with his arm and legs. He'll need to, gotta have that running game on point.

Our schedule is favorable early on and our offensive line should have time to gel before playing the big boys. By that time the offense could be scary good.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If it's not quite as talented, I think you'd agree it's not a "far cry" from that squad. Amari is better than any receiver on that team and Henry may end up rivaling Bush. "Far cry" is an insult.
Please look at the link I posted. The WR corps at USC was plenty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scrodz

1st Team
Jan 29, 2008
Baltimore, MD
If it's not quite as talented, I think you'd agree it's not a "far cry" from that squad. Amari is better than any receiver on that team and Henry may end up rivaling Bush. "Far cry" is an insult.
It's a "far cry" from 382 yards/3 TDs to 1740 yards/16 TDs. Not saying Derrick can't do it, but Bryce Brown looked pretty good at one point...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I disagree with ya & that article..Besides a proven QB..We have equal talent at RB, WR, & on the OLine, and OJ Howard is as good, if not better, than any TE they had on those USC team..Just cause they may have put up more yards & points than our offense, doesn't mean they had better or more talent than us at the moment..They had a different philosophy than our coaches does..

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I disagree with ya & that article..Besides a proven QB..We have equal talent at RB, WR, & on the OLine, and OJ Howard is as good, if not better, than any TE they had on those USC team..Just cause they may have put up more yards & points than our offense, doesn't mean they had better or more talent than us at the moment..They had a different philosophy than our coaches does..

Sorry, bro, but there's no way our o-line - right now - is as good as the 2005 USC line. Might be different in January, but right now...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Please look at the link I posted. The WR corps at USC was plenty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was a fair article..We may not have better talent, but, I do think it's damn near equal..Coach Saban's conservative style offense will never put up huge numbers, put our offensive players in their offensive style of play, and they will put up the same yards & points as the USC players did on those teams..I will say their QB's were better than ours & it would be no contest..At the other positions we are just as talented or damn near close..

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Sorry, bro, but there's no way our o-line - right now - is as good as the 2005 USC line. Might be different in January, but right now...
True..I'll give ya that..I should have said we have equal talent on the OLine that's unproven at this moment..We should revisit this thread at the end of the year & we will have the answer for sure..

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
This Alabama football team has as much, if not more, offensive talent, and defensive talent, and coaching talent, as any team ever.
Development, of course, is going to be necessary. But there's never been more talent assembled on a practice field, nor a greater coaching staff.
sip

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
There's plenty of potential on this team. However, the 2004 and 2005 USC offenses were loaded with it.

First round WR
First round RB
First round QB
Second round RB
Second round T
Second round G
Two second round WRs
Second round C

Fred Davis was a contributor on the 2005 team and drafted in the second round 2008 draft.

Does this team have that much talent?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.