Clemson Dismisses QB Chad Kelly (update: he's now at Ole Miss)

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
That's blaze of glory type downfall right there. Sheesh. If you're that kind of drunk why don't you lock yourself up, hide your keys, and have fun at the house? Possible NFL talent, sure fire paid for college education, and you can't seem to keep yourself from getting that drunk? Priorities.
Addiction is a powerful force. And, it seems he may have many things inside his head he's trying to drink away (and failing).

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
They really need to get this kid some help. I liked him coming out of h.s. but even then there was "issues" with him. I think he has a pretty good skill set too and could really make noise in the Ole Siss system, but crap like this definitely wont help. He's pretty much on his last chance with the big boy colleges and if he doesn't get right he'll never be anything.

If I was him I would ask Hugh Freeze to let me apologize publicly and take my hits like a man, then enter into AA and Anger Management and hope they keep him on the team. To me he has 2-3x the ability Beau Wallace had.

This is also why some of us went nuts when we learned he was visiting here (don't remember if he really did or not) but now people see why.

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN
According to my Ole Sis friends (and I am surrounded by them here in Memphis) they are saying that the bouncers were the aggressors and that he was only defending himself. This is not in blue and I am serious when I say they are totally delusional about Kelly.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
According to my Ole Sis friends (and I am surrounded by them here in Memphis) they are saying that the bouncers were the aggressors and that he was only defending himself. This is not in blue and I am serious when I say they are totally delusional about Kelly.
The video apparently shows that Kelly was not the aggressor, and that he is getting a bad rap on this. I have yet to watch it, because...well...I don't care that much?

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Totally discounting the fact that he was a 20 year old in a bar and the whole AK comments.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
The video apparently shows that Kelly was not the aggressor, and that he is getting a bad rap on this. I have yet to watch it, because...well...I don't care that much?
This is kind of like Manziel being out at 2 am in the morning and getting in a fight. Don't put yourself in those situations if you don't want the problems that come along with it.

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Kelly listened to this song on his way there:

"So I'm outside of the club and you think I'm a punk............... So I go to my heavy Chevy and pop the trunk":biggrin:

Some of y'all will get those lyrics.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.