Clemson Dismisses QB Chad Kelly (update: he's now at Ole Miss)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Possible reasons here.

Confirmation from Clemson

"I have dismissed Chad Kelly for conduct detrimental to our program," said Swinney. "He has had a pattern of behavior that is not consistent with the values of our program. I hope he will mature and grow from this and become the man and player I know he can be. I wish him nothing but the best in the future academically and athletically."

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Re: Clemson Dismisses QB Chad Kelly

Good for Coach Swinney! Arguing a situation with a coach in a spring game??? Just because you are related to a former pro QB does not give you any right to entitlement.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

A sideline altercation with a coach in a spring game?!! A spring game?!!! Yeah, kick him off.
Congrats to Dabo for having the guts to do the right thing.
Saving one player isn't worth losing the respect of your entire team.
That's why Bryant suspended Namath. It worked out well for both.
sip

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

Coach did the right thing. It sounds like this guy was a cancer on the team. Good move Dabo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

What kind of nincompoop gets benched during the spring game?

Hey, let's see if he'll transfer here. He could compete with Coker for the starting job in 2015. Kiffin could work wonders with him.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Looks like he was a bad apple, and had shown his hindquarters a bunch of times. The spring game was just the last straw.

I think Dabo did the right thing, but he's not exactly known as a martinet when it comes to enforcing discipline. Makes you wonder what the series of events had to be to push Swinney to the point that he dismissed his 1st team QB?

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

Judging it by what we know from the media, and Dabo's comments, this is again IMO a great example of doing what needs to be done. Props to CDS, regardless of what he's done or not done in the past - this was spot on. The kid must have been really cancerous to the team and clearly has a lot of growing up to do.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

The aggression did not stand.

I just wonder about the rug.............it really tied the room together.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.