Blog: Latest Bama News 4/15/14

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member

SEC Headlines 4/15/2014-mrsec

SEC Football
1. Tennessee assistant coaches getting a one-year contract extension. Rivals national recruiter of the year Tommy Thigpen getting a $25,000 raise.
2. South Carolina running back Mike Davis has a message for SEC defenses: “I’m going to run angry next season, and everybody’s going to know about it.”
3. Florida safety Marcell Harris made a game-high nine tackles at Saturday’s spring game. “I feel like I made a lot of plays.”
4. Academics forced Kentucky players J.D. Harmon and Rashad Cunningham to the sidelines last season: “It was a huge wake-up call for me.”
5. Missouri coach Gary Pinkel on linebacker Michael Scherer: “Wow, this guy’s going to be a heck of a player.”
6. Five players who could make an impact at Texas A&M this fall. List is topped by quarterback Kyle Allen.
7. Ten players at Georgia who will leave spring practice in better shape than when they began.
8. Alabama coach Nick Saban on his defensive line: ”They’re improving but we’re still not striking up front…”
9. Want to pick a magazine cover, LSU fans? Here’s your chance.
10. Auburn receiver Sammie Coates on backup quarterback Jonathan Wallace: ”He’s one of the best leaders on the team,”
SEC/NFL
11. Jeremy Hill, Zach Mettenberger and AJ McCarron – potential first-round surprises?
12. Quarterback Aaron Murray throwing at Georgia’s Pro Day. Projected as a likely third or fourth-round pick.

Extra
20. 40 bowl games in 2015 means 61 percent of the FBS will be in the postseason.
21. With a gunshot wound to the stomach, former LSU linebacker Tahj Jones defies the odds.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.