Cuonzo Martin leaving ut

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Heading to Cal

Interviews with Marquette, says 'no', doesn't get a new contract at ut, leaves for real. The vol fans that care are fuming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
That's a real surprise. Guess he didn't get enough love during the regular season. Stokes going pro probably helped Martin make that decision.

pchil86

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2014
CJ Turman is a vol commit who we were recruiting this past year....6'9 big man out of Alabama I believe....I wonder if he will ask out of his loi and would be interested in us

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
1. We suck! Fire Martin!

2. Hey, we did good in the tourney! Keep him!

3. He's flirting with Marquette? Let him go!

4. He didn't take the job? Good! He'll get a pass next year, because he has nothing returning.

5. Is he not gonna get a new contract? I thought he was using Marquette as leverage....what's Hart doing?

6. He's leaving?? This timing sucks! Hart is ruining basketball! We can't get a coach this late! Cuonzo is scum!

I've heard it all up here today

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
1. We suck! Fire Martin!

2. Hey, we did good in the tourney! Keep him!

3. He's flirting with Marquette? Let him go!

4. He didn't take the job? Good! He'll get a pass next year, because he has nothing returning.

5. Is he not gonna get a new contract? I thought he was using Marquette as leverage....what's Hart doing?

6. He's leaving?? This timing sucks! Hart is ruining basketball! We can't get a coach this late! Cuonzo is scum!

I've heard it all up here today

Haha, yeah, this has been the sequence. The guy seemed desperate to get out; rightfully so, probably - Vol fans were calling for blood before the late season/tourney run, and while the run bought him some goodwill, it would've faded quickly if he would've reverted to his usual underwhelming self next season.

Edit: And I haven't bothered to check this, but I have a feeling he was only ever second choice in the Marquette search.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.