Guarantee all Americans an income

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
ya'll tell me when you get frustrated enough to vote me in as benevolent dictator, until then i'll keep dreaming of the day when we can actually solve the problem.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
ya'll tell me when you get frustrated enough to vote me in as benevolent dictator, until then i'll keep dreaming of the day when we can actually solve the problem.
Well, I think everyone should just QUIT their job! Then, everyone could sit on their can like those already doing it. Seebell, are you already sitting on your can receiving redistributed funds? The only incentive people need is to want to sit on their cans and receive more redistributed wealth than other people. That's not fair!

Wait! Who's going to be TAXED to fund everyone getting paid to sit on their cans?

We could end up with the weakest military in the world if they get to sit on their cans and receive the DOLE also!

Who will make up the Elite of those receiving redistributed wealth that used to exist?

So, if no one works and no one is productive and no one has any wealth, how are we going to receive equitably the dole?

No one should be GUARANTEED anything unless they first get off their lazy cans!

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
If all other social welfare programs are disbanded and de-funded, I'd consider this idea. If people get a small cash payment, they're responsible for their own well being.

In the real world, people will still make bad decisions and those in poverty would likely remain there unless they change their work ethic. Once they get this payment, they'd ask for more since they'll fail to act responsibly. It won't change the living conditions of those content to sit back and live off the government.

His example of Brazil is terrible considering the stunning poverty level of an "industrialized" nation.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Look a little closer and you'll see that Liberalism and Communism are one in the same. Semantics, maybe, but still the same. Then look at each and every piece of legislation, etc., proposed by a Liberal and you'll see that it is designed to push a Communist agenda.
Interestingly, some libertarians support the concept:

Philosopher Matt Zwolinski has made a libertarian case for a basic income. "Conservatives care about limiting the power of government and increasing personal responsibility. ... Compared to our current welfare state, a basic income does both. Instead of a vast bureaucracy of over 120 different antipoverty programs at the federal level, you've got a program so simple it could be administered by a piece of software."

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Look a little closer and you'll see that Liberalism and Communism are one in the same.
On the scale of ideologies, communism occupies the far left side, so it makes sense that some overlaps exists with liberal ideals. Much like fascism is generally placed on the far-right of the scale.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.