Link: Mass Threat Under Investigation At Auburn

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Found 3 weeks ago but announced to the world today...

What, AU couldn't come up with a new tree story to grab some headlines?
What good would have come from announcing a threat on April 16 three weeks ago?

There's a reason Homeland Security, FBI, etc. don't announce every threat. It's called "terrorism" for a reason.

I applaud the decision to close down on the day the threat was supposed to have come to fruition.

Very smart! Now I'm going to go brush my teeth for saying that about the Barn. :wink:

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
This kind of threat has to be taken seriously. There are too many "crazies" running around in today's society that could make this happen. I think au did the right thing.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
How does canceling classes stop the threat, do you people really think that a crazy person would have the date locked in stone? If someone was really planning something then yes, they messed his plan for the 16th up but, what's to stop him from moving his plan to today, or next week, or next month? Now folks are going back to classes today thinking they are perfectly safe because it is not the 16th anymore. The date has been made out to be the most significant part of the threat by the local media but, I argue that the date is the most insignificant part of the threat. This person could do something at anytime but, people will now let there guard down because it's not the 16th.

Also, what if the actual intent was to get classes canceled on that specific day for some reason, then the person's plan actually succeeded.

I don't know what the answer is, you can't cancel classes everyday but, I'm also not naive enough to think that the threat can now just be tossed aside because it is the 17th. Unfortunately many people will do just that; it's the 17th, we are safe now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.