Link: NY Times drops a dime on Jameis Winston "investigation"

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
As Audio said.....this kinda stuff has been going on for a long time in Tallahassee.

Remember Julian Pittman?

In the beginning of his senior year in September 1997, Pittman was charged with burglary and theft when he allegedly broke into a girlfriend’s apartment, and as a result he was given a 30-day jail sentence and five years of probation, as well a suspension from Florida State.[SUP][/SUP] However, he was later reinstated and played the last four games of the 1997 season, including the Sugar Bowl.
[SUP][/SUP]

In May 1998, he allegedly committed sexual battery in a bar in Tallahassee, which constituted a probation violation. Facing potentially three and a half years in prison, he was instead ordered to pay a $5,000 fine and perform 500 hours of community service.
Then there was the Peter Warrick arrest and conviction for petty theft in 1999 - suspended for 2 games during the investigation - then allowed to stay on the team AND PLAY the rest of the season. He was a front-runner in the Heisman race that year but thankfully was not invited to the Athletic Club awards event that year.

There have been many other similar situations over the years...here's one back in '93 in which the school's president T.K. Weatherell clearly got away with his involvement in trying to keep the alleged rape 'under wraps' -

TALLAHASSEE -- Florida State University administrators will not be charged with any wrongdoing for allegedly tampering with a rape trial that involved two of the school's athletes, State Attorney Willie Meggs said Tuesday.

Meggs met last week with Florida State President T.K. Wetherell to review the school's involvement in the case -- a rape accusation by a female student athlete against football star Travis Johnson. He was acquitted Aug. 14 of the charge in less than a half hour by an all-woman jury.
The 6-foot-4, 286-pound Johnson -- a key member on the Seminole defense -- was charged with raping the woman on Feb. 6. He said the sex was consensual.
But prosecutor Adam Ruiz was outraged that Florida State officials met with both parties in what he suspected was an effort to divert the case from a highly publicized and embarrassing trial for the school.

It's really just disgusting....

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
This tee shirt says it all about the FSU 'faithful' when it comes to morality vs. football....ugh....

The ignorance of some kids is astounding. It's just a game to them. They think it's funny that they got away with it. And they have no idea of the pain the alleged victim would have experienced if the accusations are true: both the pain of the act and the lack of justice--and then seeing crap like this happen all over campus.

Jameis scares me. Every time he talks he just rambles on recklessly like he's in awe of himself or what he just did but at the same time he's not quite sure what he's talking about. Just a weird, discomforting presence that young man has.

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
Their response amounts to, "We gave the NY Times a few vague non-answers. We are not sure why those non-answers were not included in their piece, but here they are for you to read:"

After reading their response, I would never let a daughter attend FSU. Times like these, I am glad that we only had boys.
Yes, their whole response seemed to be hiding behind the "Dear Colleague" letter

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I really hope this idiot woman never has a Baby Girl of her own that becomes a victim or gets raped one day by members of the football team..While she's tailgating on that campus..Cause from all account rapes & sexual assaults are commonly swept under the rug by their local LEO..I couldn't imagine how I'd react to it should it happen to one of my daughters & it was swept under the rug..They had better hope I don't find out which Player did it, cause I do have a gun, and like to think I don't have the cojones to kill another human, but, when it comes to my girls, all bets are off & I'd go vigilante on the perp or perps that hurts my Baby Girls..Sickening
This tee shirt says it all about the FSU 'faithful' when it comes to morality vs. football....ugh....

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Words can't express my thoughts about this shirt, or the girl wearing it. At least, not on a site like this. ;)

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009
Words can't express my thoughts about this shirt, or the girl wearing it. At least, not on a site like this. ;)
I'd be willing to bet that, "consensually", she has loved the whole football team. There are several words to describe her, but just knowing who and what she is works for me.
And I know her parents are proud....

Last edited:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I just saw a promo on Fox News where Bill O'Reilly is doing an investigative piece with the question, "The Winston Investigation--Was there A Cover-Up?".
It's getting hot on the frying pan.
sip

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
That's actually great for the Ladies involved & hopefully some sorta justice will finally prevail..I may not like Bill O'Reilly or what he believes in..I do respect the fact that when he believes in a "Cause" of injustice & puts his efforts in righting a wrong..He's like a damn bulldog going after a T'Bone that hasn't ate in weeks..He's aggressive & won't stop until he thinks the wrong has been righted..It's going to be a bad bad day for all involved with the cover-up when Bill gets in town & I love it..And I wish Nancy Grace would add "Insult To Injury" & get on them as well, she really gets on my nerves, and would make their lives a living hell every night on her TV Show should she get on the bandwagon as well.. JMHO

I just saw a promo on Fox News where Bill O'Reilly is doing an investigative piece with the question, "The Winston Investigation--Was there A Cover-Up?".
It's getting hot on the frying pan.
sip

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That's actually great for the Ladies involved & hopefully some sorta justice will finally prevail..I may not like Bill O'Reilly or what he believes in..I do respect the fact that when he believes in a "Cause" of injustice & puts his efforts in righting a wrong..He's like a damn bulldog going after a T'Bone that hasn't ate in weeks..He's aggressive & won't stop until he thinks the wrong has been righted..It's going to be a bad bad day for all involved with the cover-up when Bill gets in town & I love it..And I wish Nancy Grace would add "Insult To Injury" & get on them as well, she really gets on my nerves, and would make their lives a living hell every night on her TV Show should she get on the bandwagon as well.. JMHO
What this case needs is some Nancy Grace. :eek2:

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
That article infuriates me!! As one of those people who has thought Winston to be guilty the whole time--this cements my feelings!! Predator!! Ugh!!
I don't know who to be disgusted with more in this whole affair. Winston for what he did (allegedly :rolleyes:), Casher and Winston's other buddy who covered for him (allegedly :rolleyes:), the TPD or Forced Sex U.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I'm trying to decide if FSU had taken a different approach...

Conducted a legitimate investigation followed by dismissing him from the team. Then, a year later, after his rehabilitation is done, welcome him back to the team.

Would Bama fans be satisfied the right thing had been done? Just asking...

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN

Conducted a legitimate investigation followed by dismissing him from the team. Then, a year later, after his rehabilitation is done, welcome him back to the team.

I'm not sure how I would feel about it, but I definitely appreciate the point. It's good to look in the mirror from time to time.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA

No, and I am not happy about that situation with our program, either.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

It isn't okay to give FSU or the police department a pass because Alabama has made a few decisions with which you personally disagree. And robbery/battery are not rape - or even close.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.