Link: Rolando McClain comes out of retirement again, lands with Cowboys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
Re: Rolando McClain retires again.

One of the best college LBs I've ever watched. Would love to watch him play a few more seasons.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

And his retirement might be over?

@AdamSchefter Baltimore traded LB Rolando McClain to the Dallas Cowboys, per source. So McClain's retirement might be over.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

And his retirement might be over?

@AdamSchefter Baltimore traded LB Rolando McClain to the Dallas Cowboys, per source. So McClain's retirement might be over.
Came here to post this. Might be a good 4th chance for Rolando. I remember him being in pretty bad shape during his last workout. Hopefully he has gotten himself into decent shape. I'm assuming they are looking for somebody to replace Sean Lee who they lost for the season to an ACL.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

More from Schefter:

@AdamSchefter · Interrupt soccer for this: Dallas traded 6th-rd pick for LB Rolando McClain and Baltimore's 7th-rd pick, per source. McClain wants to play.

Quarterback

Suspended
May 14, 2014

Rolondo was so beloved at Bama that we will stick by him to the end. For whatever reason, he has had problems adjusting to being an adult, which is common, especially if you didn't have stability in late HS.

At some point his fast maturing body and studdered stability issue's will cross.........then lookout!

We all know how good he can be, until that is gone, we will always perk up when some news gets out.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

His agent Pat Dye, Jr. confirms he's out of retirement:

@AlbertBreer Per agent Pat Dye, Rolando McClain does indeed plan to play for Dallas in 2014. Which means he's out of retirement.

Quarterback

Suspended
May 14, 2014
Re: Rolando McClain Retires Again (Page 4 Update: Unretiring... Again?)

I can't say I'm glad to see him in Dallas. lol I'm just glad to know he's back.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...
The biggest thing is that it's a healthy environment, and while Dallas has its problems, locker room or loyalty is not one of them. Somewhere George Teague is smiling.

The biggest thing is that it's a healthy environment, and while Dallas has its problems, locker room or loyalty is not one of them. Somewhere George Teague is smiling.
Him and Sherman Williams!

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

A guy in his mid-twenties, in good health and set financially...he's got the world by the tail if you ask me. I understand his fans would prefer to see him keep playing, but reading this thread you'd think he was headed to his funeral rather than having the entire world open to him... in a way few can experience, given his nice bank account.

He's got two toddlers, maybe he wants to home school them...

He's big on giving away turkeys in his hometown, maybe he wants to give away more turkeys statewide.

I wish him luck with whatever he tries to do and I think he's realized there is no upside to being sarcastic with policemen.
Agreed on the best wishes. Not so sure on the financial side.

Bad decisions tend to be a holistic personality issue, not isolated in one aspect of behavior. Bad financial decisions are pervasive in athletes, and if you think about it, it kind of goes along with the "live for today, ***** tomorrow" mentality.

Without a doubt, he should be set financially. Whether he is or not today is an entirely different question. Whether he will be in five years or not is entirely another.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

I hope he gets it together this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

I'm more worried about Ro as a person and his well being than him getting back into football. Maybe he's got it together this time but he sure has made a lot of erratic decisions over the past few years (including this one) that point to some type of emotional or mental instability. Let's just hope and pray he's got it together this time.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

In the end I don't expect him to make the team because I just don't think he loves playing football. Amazing how many people with God given talent don't want to use it while the rest of us would give anything to have that God given talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.