Link: Rolando McClain comes out of retirement again, lands with Cowboys...

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
Status
Not open for further replies.

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
Re: Rolando McClain Reinstated by the Baltimore Ravens

My wife is a huge Cowboys fan and she was indifferent when she heard the news about Ro. Don't get me wrong, she loves Ro, but didn't know what to think. I told her that if Ro could go back mentally to the way he was taught under Saban, and just concentrate on football, I believe she will be glad the Cowboys aquired him. I really do. So GO RO!! Give it all you got, cuz this may be your last shot at it! I wish him well.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Re: Rolando McClain Reinstated by the Baltimore Ravens

Unfortunately I wouldn't bet on him succeeding. He's already had numerous chances. I just dont believe his heart or head is into it.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Re: Rolando McClain Retires Again (Page 4 Update: Unretiring... Again?)

Well good luck to him. Just staying in the team would be a success for him. At least he'd still be making good money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014

Rolando McClain is the new Brett Farve. It amazes me teams still have the patience to give Ro a chance. Makes me think they haven't done their research.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Rolando McClain is the new Brett Farve. It amazes me teams still have the patience to give Ro a chance. Makes me think they haven't done their research.
The Cowboys gave up a 6th round pick for him. They lost Sean Lee last month. They didn't give up much for a possible starting MLB.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

Yep it was a really low risk move for the Cowboys. If Ro can return to form or realize his potential - yes, a huge IF - they will have gotten a quality LB for practically nada.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK

In the end I don't expect him to make the team because I just don't think he loves playing football. Amazing how many people with God given talent don't want to use it while the rest of us would give anything to have that God given talent.
A tough lesson in life to learn is that you just cannot make a person feel something that they don't. If he doesn't love it, then he just doesn't. End of story.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

Well good luck to him. Just staying in the team would be a success for him. At least he'd still be making good money.

Amen.

I bet he will get a grip and see a lot of playing time and do well there. As far as playing football, I think his back is against the wall. Dallas will be his last chance, maybe he will take full advantage of it.

On the other hand, if he never becomes the starter, and sees limited backup time over the next two seasons, then retires again, there will be another wave of indignation that he wasn't as good in the pros as he was in college, or didn't apply himself or whatever.

In that case, I would be happy for him that he got another two years in making pro money. He won't do that well selling cars or insurance is my guess.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

Amen.

I bet he will get a grip and see a lot of playing time and do well there. As far as playing football, I think his back is against the wall. Dallas will be his last chance, maybe he will take full advantage of it.

On the other hand, if he never becomes the starter, and sees limited backup time over the next two seasons, then retires again, there will be another wave of indignation that he wasn't as good in the pros as he was in college, or didn't apply himself or whatever.

In that case, I would be happy for him that he got another two years in making pro money. He won't do that well selling cars or insurance is my guess.
I bet he would make a good bouncer or bodyguard for some celebrity. ;)

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

It tells me 2 things.

1. Random internet posters still think they know more than front office NFL GM's.

2. Those front office GM's have patience when it comes to Ro because they obviously see talent.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

The pro teams obviously have a high tolerance for misbehavior.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

It tells me 2 things.

1. Random internet posters still think they know more than front office NFL GM's.

2. Those front office GM's have patience when it comes to Ro because they obviously see talent.
Agreed. Despite his stupidity over the last 4 years he still has plenty of talent to play. It all about him getting over the mental aspect at this point.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014

The Cowboys gave up a 6th round pick for him. They lost Sean Lee last month. They didn't give up much for a possible starting MLB.
To me a sixth-pick is too high a price for a guy who's retired three times because he "doesn't love football anymore." Every time it's been the same reason. I hope he surprises everyone and realizes his potential. Hopefully his teammates will help him remember what a joy the game can be. Learn to love football again. It's not like he's got anything better to do.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014

It tells me 2 things.

1. Welcome to the internet. It was invented for people like me.

2. Yep.

3. I hope he stays away from Dez Bryant cause that dude is crazy.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

There are contingencies built into the trade

If McClain doesn’t play in 50 percent of the Cowboys’ defensive snaps but is on their 53-man roster for five games or the gameday 46-man roster for three, the Cowboys and Ravens will swap 2016 seventh-round picks only if Dallas has the better pick.
If the Ravens already have the better seventh-round pick or McClain doesn’t make the Cowboys at all, no draft picks are exchanged.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...er-all-20140702,0,6448992.story#ixzz36Qw2cyDZ

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Keeping up with Ro is like trying to keep up with your favorite soap opera when you can only watch once a week lol....
I wish him the best. maybe he's found a home.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

Rolando was tried in Decatur recently, and convicted. After hearing the evidence presented at the trial, I am much more sympathetic towards Ro.

A film was presented at trial. It showed, as I understand, Ro with his back to the camera, and the sound has a man saying "X the police." There were 15 other people on the film between Ro and the camera. He was arrested because the policeman said he was sure it was Ro who said it, and he thought Ro was inciting the crowd against the police.

After the prosecutors reviewed what happened, they changed the charge to disturbing the peace...he shouted too loud. Although there was no proof it was him shouting. Ro's lawyer argued he didn't say what the policeman said he said, but even if he did, that's not illegal.

Speculation in Decatur is that when Ro presents his case in the appeal, he may well produce the person who said the troublesome thing. That could be awkward for the local police.

I'm linking the local editorial about the situation, I encourage anyone interested to read it very closely.

http://www.decaturdaily.com/opinion/editorials/article_4cba6b50-1844-11e4-9420-001a4bcf6878.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.