Link: Rolando McClain comes out of retirement again, lands with Cowboys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Re: Rolando McClain Retires Again (Page 4 Update: Unretiring... Again?)

Thanks for posting this; I am always stunned by coaches always saying how smart Ro is. I don't doubt them, it is just he has been so unpredictable and done so many, well, not so smart things. Anyway, I hope he has things squared away, and as some here mentioned many times, is smart enough to stay out of Decatur.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

Thanks for posting this; I am always stunned by coaches always saying how smart Ro is. I don't doubt them, it is just he has been so unpredictable and done so many, well, not so smart things. Anyway, I hope he has things squared away, and as some here mentioned many times, is smart enough to stay out of Decatur.
I've known a lot of really smart people who have done incredibly stupid things at times.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

Well I hope this is one of many more positive things we hear about for Ro.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

Rolando was tried in Decatur recently, and convicted. After hearing the evidence presented at the trial, I am much more sympathetic towards Ro.

A film was presented at trial. It showed, as I understand, Ro with his back to the camera, and the sound has a man saying "X the police." There were 15 other people on the film between Ro and the camera. He was arrested because the policeman said he was sure it was Ro who said it, and he thought Ro was inciting the crowd against the police.

After the prosecutors reviewed what happened, they changed the charge to disturbing the peace...he shouted too loud. Although there was no proof it was him shouting. Ro's lawyer argued he didn't say what the policeman said he said, but even if he did, that's not illegal.

Speculation in Decatur is that when Ro presents his case in the appeal, he may well produce the person who said the troublesome thing. That could be awkward for the local police.

I'm linking the local editorial about the situation, I encourage anyone interested to read it very closely.

http://www.decaturdaily.com/opinion/editorials/article_4cba6b50-1844-11e4-9420-001a4bcf6878.html
Cop hater.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

According to Bruce Carter - Cowboys starting linebacker, Ro will start at MLB this weekend against Mack's beloved 49ers. Link

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Ro fell into a very fortunate situation for him. The Cowboys are awful and losing more players on defense has basically put them in a position to have to try anything. Hopefully Ro shines and takes advantage of this opportunity.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

Hope Ro has a pro bowl season after Week 1.

Go Niners !! #QuestForSix

Ro needs to get back to football shape which he's currently doing. Once he's there he should shine. Glad he is starting though. Great sign! JUST STAY OUT OF DECATUR!!

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004

Just wanted to give y'all something I heard this morning on our local sports talk radio. Ted Madden who is a Dallas Cowboy beat writer was on the Tim Fletcher Sports Talk Radio show this morning in Shreveport. He said that one day this week Rolando refused to wear his helmet during practice because it was "too hot". He went on to say that some people he's talked to within the organization say he is a major head case. I hope this story was just taken out of context but I heard the entire interview and it sounds like Ro still has some "issues".

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Just wanted to give y'all something I heard this morning on our local sports talk radio. Ted Madden who is a Dallas Cowboy beat writer was on the Tim Fletcher Sports Talk Radio show this morning in Shreveport. He said that one day this week Rolando refused to wear his helmet during practice because it was "too hot". He went on to say that some people he's talked to within the organization say he is a major head case. I hope this story was just taken out of context but I heard the entire interview and it sounds like Ro still has some "issues".
Last I heard he was going to be starting game 1 for the cowboys at MLB. I'm sure he still has some problems but maybe he won't waste this opportunity..

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004

Last I heard he was going to be starting game 1 for the cowboys at MLB. I'm sure he still has some problems but maybe he won't waste this opportunity..
Yes, he will be starting the game but as I mentioned earlier it is because the Cowboys are basically in a "beggars can't be choosers" type situation. They are desperate for anything that can fog a mirror at this point. So I'm hoping Ro seizes the opportunity and runs with it.

Last edited:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

The most recent local article about McClain was very upbeat and encouraging.

http://www.decaturdaily.com/news/top_news_rotator/article_4258c4fa-2400-11e4-a80a-0017a43b2370.html

The report that he wasn't willing to wear a helmet during practice just sounds crazy. How could a guy sound so committed to playing as late as mid August (in the linked article above) then do something that bizarre? No helmet during practice?

Are we sure the guy telling that story, going on about Ro being a head case isn't just some barner taking a cheap shot?

Ro has earned his unpredictable reputation, but I think he's also getting some piling on when he's not at fault because of the bad boy image.

I may be biased, but I expect him to make a go of it with the Cowboys.

When he appeals his latest conviction in Decatur, I expect him to win the case...in my opinion he should not have been arrested and embarrassed that last time.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004

The most recent local article about McClain was very upbeat and encouraging.

http://www.decaturdaily.com/news/top_news_rotator/article_4258c4fa-2400-11e4-a80a-0017a43b2370.html

The report that he wasn't willing to wear a helmet during practice just sounds crazy. How could a guy sound so committed to playing as late as mid August (in the linked article above) then do something that bizarre? No helmet during practice?

Are we sure the guy telling that story, going on about Ro being a head case isn't just some barner taking a cheap shot?

Ro has earned his unpredictable reputation, but I think he's also getting some piling on when he's not at fault because of the bad boy image.

I may be biased, but I expect him to make a go of it with the Cowboys.

When he appeals his latest conviction in Decatur, I expect him to win the case...in my opinion he should not have been arrested and embarrassed that last time.
No, he's a regular weekly guest on this particular show to update all the local Cowboy fans on the happenings of the Cowboys. I'm not saying what he's saying is true, because I have no way to refute it either way. I'm just stating that is what he said.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

No, he's a regular weekly guest on this particular show to update all the local Cowboy fans on the happenings of the Cowboys. I'm not saying what he's saying is true, because I have no way to refute it either way. I'm just stating that is what he said.
I understand that...you are repeating what was broadcast on the radio...I certainly wasn't trying to take a shot at you...

It just sounds crazy is all I'm saying. Maybe his non-cooperation is being exaggerated, I hope so.

##### Maybe Greg the sports commentator, an ex-Bama quarterback, with inside connections to the Cowboy team, could shed some light, if he would.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004

I understand that...you are repeating what was broadcast on the radio...I certainly wasn't trying to take a shot at you...

It just sounds crazy is all I'm saying. Maybe his non-cooperation is being exaggerated, I hope so.

##### Maybe Greg the sports commentator, an ex-Bama quarterback, with inside connections to the Cowboy team, could shed some light, if he would.
The story does sound nuts. But this dude isn't a fly by night journalist either so that's why I didn't just brush it off. But even the good ones make mistakes and get bad information.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX

I listen to Sports Radio here from time to time. The times I have listened these guys have had nothing positive to say so I stop listening.

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011

This article kind of mentions it. http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...-and-hes-excited-to-play-football-again.html/

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011

I agree BIB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.