Link: Rolando McClain comes out of retirement again, lands with Cowboys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Rolando McClain's first impression on his comeback didn't go so well.

I hope he can get it all sorted out and enjoy a successful career, but IMO the odds are not in his favor.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana

If physical conditioning is his only issue, he'll make it back. Quite probably against the odds, I just hope that is the case.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana

Showing up late speaks volumes compared to failing the conditioning test.
True. How noticeably he failed it reflects his lack of preparation as well. I still hold out hope, but he'll have to get it together quickly.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Looks like he's back...

@caplannfl LB Rolando McClain (Ravens) was reinstated from the reserve/retired list.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

The showing up late bothers me more than the failed conditioning test. That shows a lack of ambition, unless there was a valid reason. I'm glad he was reinstated from the reserve/retired list, but he still has a lot to prove in my opinion. It's not like somebody isn't chomping at the bit for the same opportunity. I wish Ro the best, but it's strictly up to him and his individual desire and dedication that will determine his NFL, and overall future. The ability and potential is undeniable, but that "potential" word is a dangerous one that has been wasted by more than a few athletes who had a ton of it. sip

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Hell be fine. Look for him to be in shape by August.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

Per the Baltimore Sun
There were some reports that McClain, whose lack of dedication and professionalism contributed to his release by the Raiders, arrived late for his workout at the Under Armour Performance Center. A team source denied that was the case.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...cclain-20140417,0,6807236.story#ixzz2zC7T89ke
The conditioning test that retired middle linebacker Rolando McClain was unable to complete during an unsuccessful workout for team officials Tuesday at the Ravens' training complex consists of six timed interval runs.

The Ravens use this test to gauge players' readiness to play football.

Players are required to run 150 yards six times, and different position groups are assigned varying target times.
The first interval requires players to run 25 yards up and back, three times, for a total of 150 yards.

That's followed by a break of roughly one minute between each run.

Should a player not make his prescribed target time during any of the six runs, then it's determined that he's failed the conditioning test.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...mplete-20140416,0,5089775.story#ixzz2zC8OOnWZ

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Rolando McClain Reinstated by the Baltimore Ravens

Looks like he's finished playing:

@SethWickersham Filed to http://ESPN.com : @RMcClain205 is walking away from football, this time for good. "I'm done," he told me in a text.

@SethWickersham @RMcClain205 texted me: "If football made me complete I would play.But whenever I think of it my heart pulls me away from whatever reason"

@RMcClain205 The day 'I' start living for other people will be the day I die. You only get one life, and only God can judge u for what you did with it.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Wow. What happened? He gets reinstated then he quits again?
I will never understand what is going thru that guy's head. Why did he even try to come back if he didn't care to begin with? This makes no sense at all. Hopefully he will find out what does "make him complete".

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

I will never understand what is going thru that guy's head. Why did he even try to come back if he didn't care to begin with? This makes no sense at all. Hopefully he will find out what does "make him complete".
I'm starting to think that along with emotional issues Ro might have some mental issues as well. I'm not saying he's a nut job but something might not be clicking upstairs, like chemically.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

I'm starting to think that along with emotional issues Ro might have some mental issues as well. I'm not saying he's a nut job but something might not be clicking upstairs, like chemically.
that is my thinking as well. bipolar maybe? Despite what Tom Cruise says, it is very real.

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011

I loved him at Bama, but he has been a major bust as a pro athlete.

Seems like a head case.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

All the emotion that carried him through college and into the pro's is gone...now it is just a job and a tough one if you are not motivated. Congrats to him for recognizing that truth and walking away. Now, the key is what he replaces that hole with. Therein lies the danger.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

If your heart is not in it, you shouldn't be wasting time with it.

He's so talented that he probably had a lot of pressure to come back and try again, so he did. But the NFL isn't something you can survive if there isn't at least some amount of serious commitment. If he can't find that, he's better off walking away for good.

My hope for Rolando was always that he found something that made him happy, and kept him away from negative influences. It never had to be football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.