Link: Tennessee a Toxic Program

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
The best thing is that Roy Adams is alive to watch it all and see what he did. Pat yourself on the back, jack ash. YOU did it, and I hope you're enjoying every minute of it.

I know I am.
I'm sure Phil is to. It's hard to believe that UThug has been on the downslope these last 6 years. They had no probation of scholarship limits. Tennessee has a fine tradition and is a big name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Having spent almost 15 of my younger years living in TN amongst their fans, I don't have to struggle with that decision. For me, hating UT more is a no-brainer.
It has to be the barn for me just because the are the in state rival.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
The basketball job should be very appealing. Knoxville is a nice city with a good size population. They also have a nice arena. I do not think that losing Martin is a very big deal. There are other coaches out there that I would rate much higher. He did have a good run in the Tourney, however I would not rate him in the top half of the SEC Coaching Fraternity. So I guess my whole reaction to this is "whatever". This will be a non issue in a few months. Those of you celebrating in the Knoxville misery, be very careful. We were in that boat not too long ago. And yes I have a daughter at UT Knox and a daughter at Bama, so I have to be fair minded.
The Tennessee scum had a hand in us being in that position. They deserve to wallow in misery and I plan on enjoying it to the max. BTW Knoxville is a dump.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm sure Phil is to. It's hard to believe that UThug has been on the downslope these last 6 years. They had no probation of scholarship limits. Tennessee has a fine tradition and is a big name.

It's sad what he did. That was once a gallant rivalry of great respect. Fulmer cared about one thing - keeping his job by beating Alabama. And the best way to ensure that was to cripple us. What's funny to me is this: Fulmer's demise really began when he lost the 2001 SEC Championship game to LSU coached by a certain Coach Saban.

Since that night they blew a 17-7 lead on the LSU Tigers with a back-up QB, this is the Volunteer carnage:

86-66 (.565)
Bowl game record: 3-5 (have missed bowl games FIVE times), 0 BCS bowl games
0 SEC championships, 1 SEC East division championship, 0 national championships
3-9 record against Alabama, losing 7 straight
Four head coaches

Now look at our on-the-field record starting with our first probation in 1995 (they had nothing to do with that) until Coach Saban was hired

85-61 (.582)
Bowl game record: 3-4 (ineligible for two bowl games), 0-1 BCS bowl games
1 SEC championship, 2 SEC West division championships, 0 national championships
2-9 record against Tennessee, losing 7 straight
Five head coaches (six if you count Kines in the 2006 Independence Bowl)

Think about it - they're worse the last 13 years than we were when we were terrible - and at least we could blame that on probation and Tennessee. They have NOTHING to blame it on but their own ineptitude.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.