"Talkin Football" program going away?

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Watching the offseason edition of "Talkin' Football" this evening I think I heard that it will be going away thanks to ESPN and the SEC Network not extending rights to use content on the show. The president of Comcast was featured near the end of the show, and most of what he was saying went past me.

Dang. I really enjoy this program, mainly due to the presence of Tony Barnhart, Rackley, and Ackerman.

Did anyone else hear what I think I did? Or does anyone else care about thi show?

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Haven't heard this but I love this show and always look forward to watching it in the fall on Sunday evenings. Best wrap-up show dealing with college football that was on the air IMO .

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I loved that show. I think I read the whole CSS network is shutting down. Since they are losing their SEC programming to the SEC network. I really enjoyed all the game replays on there.

I am still waiting to see if Charter will pick up the SEC network.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Dang I always enjoyed that show. They weren't all arrogant about their football knowledge and it wasn't a bunch of dudes from New York and Mass.

Bama Czar

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Woodstock, GA
The best "talkin' football" was back in 2004 or so, when they had Danny Sheridan, Mike Godfried, & Jim Donnan. It was at least entertaining and funny back then....... I find it painful to watch now & usually don't. No loss to me at all.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.